I am a girl of many names:
daughter, sister, granddaughter, roommate, niece, cousin, friend, student, teacher, Mormon, Aggie, AshCrash, Casper, employee, Ashley. The most important of these names is missionary.
Sister Casperson.
I have decided to serve an LDS Mission, and I am delighted to teach the word of God to the people of the World. I will hopefully get my call within the next month, and many have asked where I want to go, my only answer to that is ANYWHERE! I love the whole World, and it is a blessing to be able to go.
It all happened in an instant. I was sitting in the kitchen with my two beautiful roommates on a lovely Saturday morning listening to General Conference, and it was announced. I have never been so scared and so excited at the same time in my life. I could leave on a mission, NOW, and I am.
A few weeks later I helped my Dad teach sharing time, and when I asked the 5 year old children what they would say if the Prophet told them they could go on a mission right now, they said:
"Wow!" "Awesome!" "Thanks!"
They pinned it right on the head. I am excited, grateful, and scared out of my mind, but I know that with the Lord's help, I can do hard things.
Well, it is halfway through November, and my favorite holiday is approaching fast. Thanksgiving. I love it all. Family, naps, food, shopping, food, naps, fall weather, food. I am especially excited for this year, but sad too. This will be my last Thanksgiving home for a couple years so I am going to make the best of it.
I forgot to mention one of the best parts - Gratitude.
I am really grateful for my friends and family and all of the good times that we have together.
I am so grateful for my sister! I want to be as organized as her. She sent me this beautiful 'Aggie Blue Package' at the beginning of this semester.
I am grateful for all 9 of my beautiful roommates! This semester has been a blast so far, and it is only going to get better.
I am grateful to be an Aggie, and for this wonderful girl, Karlos. She is such am amazing person!
This was a fabulous meal, one of the best.
I am grateful for my sister. She is superwomen! I love her, and I am so happy that I got to go and visit her this last month.
I am grateful for my wonderful Mother, and Grandmother, and Aunts, and Cousins. My family is truly amazing, and it was so fun to go with these girls to Time Out For Women this month.
I am so grateful for this cute girl! It was such a blessing to meet her, and I love doing crazy stuff with her like building forts and watching Pirates of the Caribbean, in the fort, and having spontaneous silly string fights.
I am grateful for this cute baby girl and her mom and dad. I love them!
I am grateful for the kindness of Carole for giving this beautiful sweater to my Mother who then gave it to me!
I am beyond words grateful for my Father and my two little brothers. There aren't to many recent pictures of my and my dad, but I love him.
I am grateful for my education that allows me to read, and especially to read The Book of Mormon this month. It is a hard task to read any book in 30 days for me, but I know that I can do it. With the support of family and friends who are doing it with me, we all will succeed and grow exceedingly from it.
This past month has really been one that I will never forget, and I am so blessed to have such great people in my life to spend it with. I hope that I can grow to become more like these people, and that I can be a great example to those that I come in contact with just like my friends and family have been to me.
I am increasingly blessed today and everyday.





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment