Monday, January 28, 2013

Lend a hand

My purpose as a missionary:

 Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

80 more days until I embark on my journey to the South.  It is becoming more and more real, especially after this weekend.  My roommate from freshman year, Jenessa Sirstins, gave a beautiful farewell address on Sunday.







I am beyond words excited for her, and thinking about her mission makes me even more excited for mine! I know that she is going to do great things in Michigan that only she can do.  She has really helped me with so many things.  She has helped me strengthen my testimony, helped me cook pancakes, helped me dress cute, helped me be a better example, helped me to always remember the important things, helped me, helped me, helped me...  I hope that one day I can help someone as much as she has helped me.  She is such a wonderful human being, absolutely splendid.  I am really going to miss her.

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about everything.  I am taking a mission prep class, and we learned the purpose of every missionary.

My purpose in Alabama.

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance  baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

This is a BIG task, but I think the most important part to remember is 'helping' - we are all here on this Earth helping each other out, and desperately trying and working everyday to be worthy to return to live with our Father in Heaven.  We will all fall down at times, but we are surrounded on all sides by a wonderful support system to lift us when we fall.  The best part is, this applies to everyone! Not just future missionaries.

I hate to see those I love fall down, but I know that I just need to always do the best I can to constantly be there helping them back up.  We all should try this.  Help those you love, help those around you, help those you can't really stand, help those who hurt you.

HELP EVERYONE.

We all need some help.

So, lend a hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment