Hello Everyone - Ashley would love to send you all letters if she can, but she doesn't have addresses and it appears that DearElder doesn't transmit your address with the letter you send. So, if you write to her, include your mailing address and email and she will either write you or email you back, time permitting. She sounds like she is doing so well and was made the Sister Training Leader (she says it's like zone leader in the MTC) and she says that is quite a humbling position, but she loves it and after 1 week, was picking up the new missionaries. She started on Sunday and on Wednesday, with the Zone leaders, trained 3 new districts. She was worried about being able to get into the schedule of the MTC (as you may know, Sister Casperson loves her sleep) but she says it is not hard at all and she is often the last to go to sleep and the first to wake up. She really just can't say too many times how much she loves the MTC and learning so much. She says she wishes she could go to the MTC every year for 2 weeks.
She included pictures with this email. There are also some on Facebook with (hopefully) the right captions.
Hey Family,
I only have 3 and a half more days at the MTC :( I am so happy/sad/excited/scared. I really Love it here, and I would love to stay for longer, but I am so excited to get out to Alabama! We were invited to contact people in the airport and talk to them about the Gospel - nerve racking, but awesome! For some reason, I never get my letters in the mail until p-day so I have another letter for you. It is on the way now! I got my travel info, and I leave the MTC on tuesday at 4 am for Alabama! Also, some really nice Sisters let me use there sd card readers so here are some pictures!! Most of them are just of my District and Sister Krause, my companion. | Sister Casperson and Sister Krause |
| Sister Casperson, Sister Krause, Sister Dodini, Sister Gagon(?), Sister Shattuck, Sister Wright(?). |
| Back Row: Elders Whitiker, Smith, Fredrickson, and Waitt, Sister Casperson and Sister Gagon Front row: Sisters Dodini, Wright, Shattuck, and Krause. |
| Sister Casperson and Sister Fredrikson, the earlier Sister Training Leader who left for Hawaii last Tuesday! |
Also, here are a few other things of note that Ashley has mentioned to us this week.
About seeing people in the MTC:
I love it here and I love my companion! My district rocks! My comp
is from Middleton, Idaho and saw my article in the Idaho State
Journal. She knows Cindy Smith? Elder Hold (one of my teachers)
served in San Antonio and he knows & loves Grandma & Grandpa! Also,
tell Shon Elder Fredrickson is in my district.
is from Middleton, Idaho and saw my article in the Idaho State
Journal. She knows Cindy Smith? Elder Hold (one of my teachers)
served in San Antonio and he knows & loves Grandma & Grandpa! Also,
tell Shon Elder Fredrickson is in my district.
I looked for the Brockbanks and I haven't found them :( Where are
they preparing to serve?
they preparing to serve?
And about what she is learning:
My teacher, Sister Gibson taught me a super cool things right off the
bat! In Omni 1:20, in the days of Mosiah they "large stones" with
engraving on it? They are talking about the Urim and Thummeme.
Sister Gibson asked me what that scripture means to me, and I
challenge you All to ask yourself that. For me, that scripture helped
me to realize that we have a Urim and Thummem today! It is the Book
of Mormon! So read it and it will tell you what to do. The Spirit
will reveal unto you what it is that the Lord would have you do.
WE talked about the Doctrine of Christ. It is the ONE doctrine that
without, none of the other doctrines would really matter. THE
ATONEMENT. Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, pains, afflictions,
everything! The only way that we can return to live with our Heavely
Father is through the Atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. SO WE NEED TO
USE IT! Always use it! Pray to understand the Atonement more, and
then STUDY! And then leave those things repented of in the past!
There is no reason to bring it up, talk about it, it is past. Think
of others (and yourself) as you could be or should be not as you have
been. The Lord LOVES you! Do all you can to return to him. Come unto
Christ daily, always!
bat! In Omni 1:20, in the days of Mosiah they "large stones" with
engraving on it? They are talking about the Urim and Thummeme.
Sister Gibson asked me what that scripture means to me, and I
challenge you All to ask yourself that. For me, that scripture helped
me to realize that we have a Urim and Thummem today! It is the Book
of Mormon! So read it and it will tell you what to do. The Spirit
will reveal unto you what it is that the Lord would have you do.
WE talked about the Doctrine of Christ. It is the ONE doctrine that
without, none of the other doctrines would really matter. THE
ATONEMENT. Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, pains, afflictions,
everything! The only way that we can return to live with our Heavely
Father is through the Atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. SO WE NEED TO
USE IT! Always use it! Pray to understand the Atonement more, and
then STUDY! And then leave those things repented of in the past!
There is no reason to bring it up, talk about it, it is past. Think
of others (and yourself) as you could be or should be not as you have
been. The Lord LOVES you! Do all you can to return to him. Come unto
Christ daily, always!
I am confidant that the Lord knows I can do this so I need to step out
of my bubble and invite people to come unto Christ!
of my bubble and invite people to come unto Christ!
Well, that is all for this week. Don't forget only 2 more days for DearElder and then it is all to her address also posted on the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment