Saturday, April 20, 2013

The MTC is the best place on the planet, except the temple, and 1854 N. Honeysuckle Lane Inkom Idaho!


Well everyone, Sister Casperson has delivered her thoughts on the MTC and, big surprise, she loves it!
Dear Family,

I love you so much!! My district is seriously so perfect.  I am so blessed to be able to work and learn with the people in my district and in my zone.  I LOVE THIS!  In my district there are 6 sisters and 4 elders, and the growth I have had in the last few days by really studying and working with those 9 people is AMAZING!  All of them have such great strengths and add so much!  I saw Sister Galloway, Elder Kay, Sister Stratton, and so many Elders and Sisters that I know that I didn't even know were coming on missions.  The work is moving forward at amazing rates!

There is so much that I want to tell you, but I know I won't be able to because time is already running out.  I will try to write more!!  There is just really not a lot of time to write, even in my journal. haha.

President Born, the branch president, said something that I love so so much!  He talked about how we are all here learning together and growing together and getting to know each other and sometimes we think to do that we have to tell everything about ourselves.  We don't have to do that.  We shouldn't do that.  Leave those things repented of in the past, that is where they belong.  We are all at the MTC for a purpose, and everyone, no matter where they are, are there for a purpose.  We need to strive everyday to really live that purpose!  See people the way Christ does, as they can become not as they used to be.

We have talked a lot about love.  Love your companion. Love your investigators.  Get to know the people.  LOVE.  I knew that that was super important, but I really didn't understand how much I really would love these people.  I have only known them for a couple days, and I love them so much.  It is hard to explain in words how much I love them.  I challenge all of you to love a little more, to study deeper, and to pray, really pray.  In class, we were challenged to pray for ten minutes or longer and have a conversation with our Heavenly Father.  That is how it always should be!!  I have learned so so much!

I just want you to know, especially Curtis and Jon. Take a mission prep class, from Brother Lee if you can.  He knows what he is talking about!  Talk to people!! It is so so hard, but we have to do it and we really have to LISTEN.  listen to what their needs are, what they worry about, what they love.. listen and then really discuss that with them!!  People really want to know the message of the Gospel.  Some just don't know it yet.  They need the light and love of Christ and our Heavenly Father.  Share with everyone. Testify always!! Be bold and loving!  Jesus was the perfect teacher, study how he taught and then follow Him.  When you get to the MTC you will think of all the people you should of shared this message with and regret it.  Also, when role playing, if you are acting as an investigator, pick an actual human being with actual feelings.  It will make is so much more real.

I hope this all makes sense. I am trying to speed type, a half hour sure goes by fast when typing to those you love! haha.  I have really been surprised with myself.  I am not tired at all!! I am usually the last to bed and the first up, by a few minutes, and I feel wide awake all day!! I just want to learn everything that I possibly can. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!! I really love class, and yesterday we literally had 6 or 7 hours of study time and I loved it!! It flew by (surprisingly) and I wish I had that many hours everyday to study!! There is so much to learn.  Jump in! Study the word. It is the truth.  I know it, and I know that the Lord trusts us, all of us so we really should trust ourselves more.  BE CONFIDENT! (i have to keep telling myself that) haha

Thank you for the letters and for the package.

Keep doing good things, I love you all.  The Church is so true.

Love you all!!

Sister Casperson

Don't forget that Ashley loves to receive letters from both DearElder.com and in post.  Her address(es) are under the write me! tab.  We are so glad she is doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment