Thursday, October 10, 2013

We are not alone in this work.

Hello Family!  First off, I love you!  Second off, I love Clanton!  I am excited for you all to one day experience the joy of being in Chilton County Alabama. Haha. (:  Really though.. (:
 
This week has been great!  A lot of awesome has happened, and I don't have a ton of time.  I realized something this week though.  First off, conference was amazing.  Best conference ever according to President Monson.  Think about how great of a blessing it is that we get to listen to the words of a prohet!?  Do you pay close attention or do you sleep through it? And just like was said, listening to conference isn't enough.  We have to go out and do what we are taught! 
First cool thing is that we experienced that first hand. In between the sessions yesterday we went and helped this inactive member paint her kitchen.  It was really cool to think that we had just listen to the prophet and apostles tell us to remember the two greatest commandments.  Often times we skip over the second one, but it is equally important.  Love your neighbor!! Show your love through service!  (:
 
Yesterday a miracle happened.  We went to teach this women Betty and her daughter Liz was there.  Liz admitted that she was not excited to see us, and that she really did not want to talk to us.  She asked us a question that she has been trying and trying to find the answer to: Why does God allow bad people to be on the earth?  Long story short, we taught her about agency, and the plan of salvation, and eternal families.  She had been so prepared!  Her heart was open and she knew that it was true!  She said that she learned more in the time we were there with her than she has ever learned in her whole life going to church!  She was excited and wanted us to 'go into all of the Baptist churches and show them that you have the answers!'  She asked us if she could be baptized and where the closest temple was because she wanted to be with her family forever!  She told us that she didn't think that 'the Mormons' would have the answers, but that she knew that we were teaching the truth.  She felt good in her heart she said and she knew that that had to be the Holy Ghost.  She said, 'Satan wouldn't be able to make me feel like this.  God wouldn't let him."  She was so prepared!!!  We invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and her answer was, "yeah, I will, but I don't need to pray I already know that it is true!" 
 
MIRACLE.
 
That is the short version, but bottom line is - God is preparing people.  Read Jacob 5 and notice how many times it says 'I' - He is working in the vineyard!  and he has been for a REALLY LONG TIME!!! We don't know who has been prepared or when they will be prepared, but it is our privilege to tell people the good news that we have!  We have the answers that people are SEARCHING for!! Why don't we tell more people about it?  If you don't share the gospel with your neighbor, what if they never hear?  It is our responsibility to share it with everyone that we see, and we just need to let God handle the harvest.
 
We don't have an option to not share the gospel.  it is our wonderful opportunity.  Trust me, the gospel makes people happy!  Take Liz for example.  She has been searching her whole life, and she didn't like going to church because it was confusing.  Now she has the answers and she is happy!!!
 
Share the gospel!  Pray for the missionaries in Inkom, Idaho. 
 
I love you,
 
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment