Thursday, July 11, 2013

Be HAPPY!


Sorry that this is so late. Blame it on the family reunion. We are missing Sister Casperson not being with us but we are glad that she is helping to unite families together while she is away. Thank you for all you do for her. 

Dear Family,
 
First things first - I love all of the pictures that you sent!  Tell everyone that I said HI! and I love them!
 
I am doing well! And all I need is, really nothing, but I love letters!  So send as many as you want! This week has been so great!  We met President and Sister Hanks and they are amazing!! I love them so much!  On monday it was Sister Winchester birthday so Sister Hanks called and sang to her. (:  It was so sweet!  Then we talked to her and she said, "We are freaked out! We have no idea what we are doing!" haha..  President Hanks is amazing though!  He is so so so happy and so funny!  One of the things that he said that I loved was "If you say you are well and all is well with you, the Lord will hear your words and make them true"  I LOVE THAT!  If we are being optimistic and not murmuring about everything then everything will be great! I have really been working this week on not complaining so much, it is great to stop and say 'remember what President said' and then be happy. fake it till you make it. (:  That has really seemed to be a reacurring theme throughout this past week.  BE HAPPY!!  The gospel is a plan of happiness, show it on your face!  We have no reason, at all, to be sad or depressed.  Jesus Christ died for us!  We can be forgiven of our sins!  We will be resurrected and have a perfect immortal body!  We can live with our Father in Heaven again in complete happiness!  We need to be happy. (: 
 
President Hanks (who is 6'6") also did this little dance move and jingle, it is hard to explain in writing.. "Act enthusiastic and you'll be enthusiastic!"  Say that every morning - everytime you feel bummed out and dance with it!  I promise, you will be happier if you do. (: haha that is sort of silly, but really, BE HAPPY!
 
Yesterday we set a goal to find new investigators to teach.  We tracted for probably 3 hours (which I know isn't a ton, but we don't do a ton of tracting here.  Missionary work is changing! There is a better way than tracting)  But we were searching so hard!!  Sort of bummed out after a long 3 hours of knocking doors with what seemed like little success, we continued on with what our plan was to try and contact some less-active members. We got to the last less active we planned to contact at about 8:15.  We walked up to her house, turns out she had moved a while ago because the people who lived there had never even heard of her... Sister Winchester and I follow the spirit and we started teaching this family!  They are amazing! Really prepared and I know that we were supposed to meet them.  We were sent to that specific house.  So at the very end of the day, after a long day of trying so hard to find new people, we found a family at a time that we weren't necessarily 'trying' to find them. (Even though we were, because we are always trying, but you know what I mean)  It was a miracle!
 
Sorry that these emails are always so scrambled...  This week has been great, and I am so grateful every day for the wonderful family that I have.  I know I have said this before, but we meet a lot of people, and I am grateful that I have a good family.  a great family!  No, we aren't perfect, but we are trying.  Keep trying hard everyday!  Keep studying as much as you can!  I am reading in Alma, about Alma and Amulek.  They are amazing missionaries! And guess what, Alma wasn't always a great missionary.  He changed!  We all can change through the Atonement of Christ.  Everysingle Sunday when we partake of the sacrament we renew our convenants.  Please study and make the sacrament personal every week.  Each day is a new day!  People can change, people do change.  I have seen it!  Start today and do better, try harder, and don't worry about yesterday.  I know that Alma wasn't thinking about his past when he was urging the people of Ammonihah to repent.  He was thinking about them!  He was thinking about how blessed he was to be able to change, and how he truly desired that for his brethren in Ammonihah.  Be HAPPY!  Repent! Study hard!  Don't worry about yesterday.  Today is the day that you can be a better you.  Be a member missionary!
 
Pray F.A.M.E.
"God isn't going to ask you why you weren't a better Moses, He is going to ask why weren't you a better you."
 
Be Happy!  Christ lives and loves you!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment