Gooooood Morning!
This email will be sort of short today. So sorry! I love you all so much! Thank you for everything. I LOVE THE SCARVES!! And all of the stuff from girls camp - looks like you had a blast and learned a lot! I love missionary work!! (: I wrote Paige a letter last monday so hopefully she got it. I get all of her emails and pictures and try to send back short emails.. there just isn't a lot of time..I feel bad, but I LOVE HER! tell her I am sorry.
It has been a great week!! We are teaching this amazing family! We tracted into them and they referred us to their brother (next door) we started teaching them. (: A couple weeks later (this week) we tracted into another family and they are amazing! They referred us to their brother too and turns out it is the same brother!!! They are all related! The Lord truly prepared this family and we were led to them! I know it. There is no such thing as a coincidence. The Lord is micromanaging.
One investigator that we are working with, Molly. She is truly amazing! Her mothers motto is "give people roses while they are living" I LOVE THAT! She says that she always told people that putting roses on her grave is no good, she wants them while she is living! We need to be showing people how much we love and appreciate them now! The Lord is always showing His love for us, He never stops. SO we shouldn't procrastinate either. That is kind of random, but I really love it!
President Holzapfel left and President Hanks is here!! I am so looking forward to meeting him tomorrow! I know that He has been called of God to do the work here! One thing that President Holzapfel said that I loved - glaucoma is a disease where the eye starts looking in on itself. If it looks at itself for to long you eventually go blind. If we are looking at ourself for to long we willl go blind! We need to not be selfish! Look outward! Look at others around you. Help people in any way that you can. That is why we are here. TO HELP PEOPLE! Help people like Christ was always helping people.
Those are sort of random thoughts, I am sorry.. (: I love you all though, so much!! Keep up the good work - do not get discouraged!
Fear is darkness and faith is light. Just as light and dark can't dwell in the same place at the same time neither can fear and faith. And the remedy to fear is charity - the pure love of Christ. Have Faith! read Alma 7 - Alma (the younger's) testimony about faith in Christ! Take note that Alma didn't always have that faith. Through the Atonement of Christ we can all change and become 'new creatures'
Make the change. In Greek repent means to turn around. That is great! But looking at it in Hebrew really adds light to it. Repent in Hebrew means to stop what you are doing, turn around, and move forward (with faith!!)
How to prepare for a mission (on the palm of your hand - because you always have your hand with you so you will always remember):
(a member taught us this. (: haha ) Each step is a different finger -
1. Study your scriptures!
2. Pray a lot!
3. Go to church - all church meetings
4. Be smart with your money
5. Look outward
and the palm - understand and use the Atonement - repent!
You can do it!! I love you all - Thank you so much for all that you do!
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment