Monday, June 24, 2013

All You Need Is Love

Obviously, Sister Casperson is sounding great as always! Hope you all are well!


Hey!! This has been such a great week!  The broadcast last night was
phenomanel ( i cant spell)  Be a missionary!! The full time
missionaries are only here to help with the work that is already
happening.  There needs to be missionary work already happening in the
Mccammon Stake and then call the missionaries to do the teaching.  The
finding is up to you.  Just like Mohna said.  She is right!  The
members need to be finding, and the missionaries do the teaching. (:
I have a challenge for you.  Find the missionaries assigned to the
Stake (or ward - hopefully there are missionaries assigned to the ward
now)  Ask them if you can see their planners and then fill all of the
remaining time with meaningfull activities!  I will tell you first
hand that filling the days is sometimes the hardest part, and we were
told last night that it is the members job to fill the planners and
the missionaries job to teach.  I know that if you earnestly try your
hardest to do that that you will be so blessed!!  Like Elder Holland
said last night, what we are asked to do isn't changing at all.  We
have been told to preach the gospel from the beginning.  Alma was
called to cry repentance to the people.  That is what we are doing
today!  We are just doing it in different ways then they did then.
Love people - they are children of God.  Do not be afraid to share the
gospel!!  It is simple.  Invite them over for dinner and invite the
missionaries to the same dinner.  Simple.  Do the work of the Lord.
In chapter 8 of Preach my Gospel (i think it is chapter 8,  How do I
use time wisely)  The very first sentence is to all of us!  You are
assigned to do the Lord's work.  That doesn't just go for
missionaries!  We are all - as members of the church - called to do
the Lord's work. So just do it!!  Study as much as you can, and then
get out there and open your mouth.  Reach out to the less actives.
That is missionary work!  Do your home and visiting teaching!  It is
easy, sometimes we just need practice.  Teach and invite.  That is how
we cry repentance today is by inviting others to change.

My emails are always jumbled.  So sorry!  It has been a great week!  A
storm is rolling in right now - lots of rain and lightning and
thunder!  We found some amazing people!  They are so prepared and they
kept telling us how we knocked on their door at the perfect time.
They knew they were ready to hear this message.  The Lord knew and He
sent Sister Winchester and I to help.  It was a miracle! She (the sister they met) hadn't
been to church much in her entire life (which you don't find much
here).  She said other churches were usually boring and she always
falls asleep!  She started reading the Book of Mormon and came to
church.  She loved it!!

It has been a great week.  Missionary work is all about Love.  Helaman
10:1-5  Love the people, submit to the Lord's will, and keep the
commandments.  Simple.  Do the Lord's work.  Study hard!!

I love you all so much!  Jon, I got your letter today, I love you!! (:
Elder Del Francia (my zone leader), his mom is the sweetest, she
writes all the sisters!  I got the sweetest letter from her.  You
would love her mom!  Also, Sister Duncan said you added her on

facebook. (: Good work! I love her!  I love youalllllll!


No comments:

Post a Comment