Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Lord is in Control (:

Happy Monday!  

It is so great to hear from you all! I love the pictures so so so so so so so so so much!! Thank you for the package!  Candy is always yummy, but I hid it (and haven't touched it) because it is probably not the best choice for me... haha (i am so scared of getting large...) :)

This week has truly been amazing!  It was hard to see Sister Duncan go, but I learned so much from her in the short time that we spent together and I know that it was her time to go home. (:  I am so grateful for my GPS because now that she left, I am completely lost... and I am the driver. 

Wednesday was the big day.  At the training before for all of the trainers there was 29 trainers (27 of which were sisters)  22 of them have only been in the mission field for 6 months or less.  14 of us have only been here for less then 3 months!  WOW!!  There is so much work to do!  President said something that I love. We don't expect you to be perfect trainers.  We just expect you to love your companion.  Be kind to them, and be a good example.  That is exactly how life is sometimes!  We get so nervous and scared to try something new because we think we have to be perfect at it overnight.  But in reality we just have to try our hardest and ask our Father in Heaven for help in the areas that we fall short.  So,  think of someone that you have ever though that you should share the gospel with but you didn't because you were scared that you would mess up.  ( I know that we have all though that )  Now go and do!  The Lord doesn't expect you to be perfect.  We are only expected to try!  Imagine David and Goliath.  David was scared to fight Goliath because maybe he would mess up, or he wouldn't be perfect, but he trusted in the Lord and tried!  Just do it!

My new companion is Sister Winchester from Lanchaster, California.  She is a visa waiter waiting to go to Brisbone, Australia.  So there are 4 misionaries in Clanton and I am the only one who isn't a visa waiter. (:  Interesting...  Training really is hard, but I know that the Lord won't give us more than we can handle.  We are really learning and growing together. The work is so great!  I really love this so much and time is already flying by!  I am studying in Mosiah about Abinidi and King Noah.  Abinidi was the man!  He knew exactly what his purpose was and he went to work.  He was probably a little nervous about talking to the people to, but he knew that the Lord would help him and he tried.  Be like Abinidi! 

I feel like I am sort of just rambling today, I'm sorry.  My mind is full and I can't put it all to words. (:  I love this work!  Keep trying everyday to find your purpose and live it!  Pray for help.  Our Father in Heaven wants to help us - we are His children!! 

I love you all so much!  Thank you for the support and for all that you do for me.  Thank you for being great examples.  I wouldn't be here without you. 


Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment