Sister Casperson is really loving the work. She noted that she does not have a great amount of time to email back to people, but she does appreciate the emails and does try. She can get snail mail (that has the added bonus to be read on days other than P-day) and enjoys that too. Her address is on the Write Me! tab of her blog. Thanks to you all!
Hello,
The work here is really progressing. So many miracles have happened
this week! I have been studying Moroni 7 today all about faith, hope,
and charity. It is a popular passage of scripture, but as I read it I
found new things! Firstly, faith, hope, and charity are all
connected. You cannot have one without the other. From faith you
have hope, with hope you have faith, and without charity you have
neither but with charity you have both! That is confusing, but you
know what I mean. And then in the last verse of that chapter, Moroni
says that charity is freely given you all who are "true followers of
Jesus Christ." We need to focus all we do on the basics. Follow our
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Everything we do we should think of Him
and what He would do in that situation. If we are doing that then we
don't need to focus on the details. Yes, we should always try to
strengthen our faith, hope, and charity, but essentially if we are
following Jesus Christ then we have them all, freely. I don't know if
that makes sense, but I hope it does!
Did you get the letters I sent? I hope you did. (: I got an awesome
letter from Michelle Kofford! I might not get to email her back today, but
if you see her please tell her that I will do my best to find those people
that she mentioned! Also, tell her that I am serving like 30 miles away
from Wetumpka (it is in my zone) and my companion served there for three
transfers, so we will find them!!
This week has been awesome! So many amazing things have happen. We are
working with a less-active member, and we haven't been able to really sit
down and talk to her (she will never let us in her home...) so we have been
trying to think of ways to get through to her. We went over earlier in the
week and she let us in her home!!! I then felt prompted to bring up family
history (which is totally random...) and she pulled out a ton of family
history stuff that her mom had done and talked about wanting to get back
into family history and going back to the temple to do the work!!!! It was
a miracle! So we set up a time to come back and help her organize all of
her stuff and get started. (also, her glasses were broken, so she couldn't
see all of the little things...) So when we came back I brought that
glasses fixer kit that you got me (you were so inspired!) and a binder to
organize her things. We were able to fix her glasses and get the stuff
organized. She was born in Soda Springs, so we related through the Idaho
blood. (: I wish that I knew more about my family history.. I should have
prepared so much more. haha. It was a huge miracle though, just knowing
that that was what she needed to hear, and I know that I only knew that
because of the Holy Ghost.
We decided this week that missionary work is awkward. It is awkward to
talk to people that you don't know and to inturupt them when they are
mowing the lawn. It is awkward. But I was reading in Jacob 2 this week,
and in verses 6-7 he says that it is awkward for him. It was awkward to
tell the men about their "gross crimes" and to call them to repentance in
front of their wives and children, and quite frankly, he didn't really want
to do it. But he knew that he had to! He had to do missionary work
because it is our responsibility to share what we know! So, this week we
have adopted the motto, "It was awkward for Jacob too." Do missionary
work. I know that there is someone that you have thought of that you
should talk to about the gospel. Just do it! It is our responsibility as
members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to share the
gospel. Go out with the missionaries as much as you can! I know that it
is hard, and it takes time but you should do it! Curtis and Jon go on
splits with the missionaries!! I promise that if you ask to go with them
(especially if you offer to drive) they will not say no. Just do it!
Embrace the awkwardness, it was awkward for Jacob too.
Thank you so much for all that you do!
You are awesome all of you. I have a really awesome family!
Work hard and trust in the Lord and in yourself!
PRAYFAME
pray for a missionary experience (everyday!)
bless peoples lives.
I love you,
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment