Monday, June 10, 2013

Expect the Unexpected

Lots of wonderful things happening. Thanks to all who write her letters, she appreciates them. I will let her say the rest, but exciting news is contained below!

Happy Monday!!

I once got a fortune cookie that said "The best thing to do is expect for the unexpected."  <-- That is missionary work!! I love it!

This week was truly miraculous!  I got a letter from Curtis! And I got one from Jon! (from a while ago - I just recently got it)  Darn little brothers - growing up.  So excited for Matt - WOW! (note: family friend called to South Africa) I love how every week in the email from you there is a new missionary call.  That is so amazing!  That is where Kaitlyn Clifford is, in South Africa.  She is the girl from Woods Cross. Tell him congrats from me!  And he should be grateful that he gets to speak english! English speaking missionaries unite! (:

We had an awesome Zone Training meeting this week.  We were taught about how high self-esteem equals high productivity.  They taught this awesome analogy:

This father and son were fishing for crabs and they would throw all of them in a bucket.  The son realized that one of the crabs was getting pretty close to the top of the bucket and told his dad that they should cover the top so that they don't get out.  The dad said there was no need because he knew they wouldn't get out.  So the son decided to watch them just to make sure.  After the whole day of watching he noticed that a crab would get really close to the top and then the other crabs would grab it and pull it down!! and that happened every time!!  "Don't be a jerk crab!  Don't be a jerk crab!"  That is what we learned this week. (:  haha Even though that is kind of silly, it is so true.  We need to be constantly building people up, not pulling them down.  Be confident in yourself and don't worry about the other jerk crabs.  They are jerks. 

It has been really rainy this week. (: But from what I hear, it is basically just a little sprinkle... so I am in for a rude awakening. (: haha we got rained on while biking for the first time, which is really nice!  Because we are already soaked anyway, so the rain feels good. Oh, Mom please find the Nashville Tribute missionary CD.  I think you, carole, and kim would like it. (: I had a wonderful surpirse this week!  I went to the temple!! I love the temple so much!  It is such a blessing, and such a strength in really hard times.  And man, I didn't realize how much I really needed the temple this week because Saturday my world got flipped upside down... (:

I have really been trying to study fasting this week.  I learned that fasting is a strength over temptation.  In the New Testament when Christ cast devils out of the boy He said that He was only able to do that after much prayer and fasting.  And in true to the faith it says that some temptation can only be overcome through prayer and fasting.  I have really been trying to work on making my fast more meaningful, and I still have a lot to learn, but it was cool to me to realize that.  We are ALL faced with temptation.  Some are bigger than others and some take a lot longer to overcome, but I know that by humbling ourselves before the Lord and praying and fasting for help to overcome whatever it is that we CAN DO IT!  Study, study, study, study.  Pray for strength!

This week we tracted into an amazing women!  Her name is Angie and she has stopped going to church in the last few years because of he people. (She is Baptist)  We were immediately invited in her home and we were able to bless her and her family.  Then we returned and taught her the Restoration.  The spirit was so strong!! It was an amazing lesson, and even though we are not anything close to perfect teachers, the spririt was there and He is the perfect teacher!  She commited to read and to be baptized!  It was an amaizing thing to experience!  We will still be working with her a lot, but it was cool to see the change as she felt the spirit.  She has been so prepared!  And walking out of the lesson I felt great the spirit was there!  And in Relief Society yesterday we were taught that as disciples of Christ we cannot fail!  We can do anything and everything if we are humble enough to ask for help!  What an awesome concept!  Trust in the Lord. Trust in yourself.  Invite everyone you see to come unto Christ, EVERYONE!  When we were baptized we covenanted with our Father in Heaven to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is our responsibility and we cannot fail!!

I sure needed to learn that because like I said, on Saturday things were flipped upside down.  Sister Duncan is still not getting any better so she has decided to go home to get everything figured out. It is a really good decision for her. (:  But it is really scary for me.  She is leaving this week at transfers.  This week is a historical transfer!!  31 new missionaries coming in tomorrow, and 28 of them are sisters!!  I have been called to be a trainer for one of those new sisters. (: I am excited for this new transfer!  I will be sending Sister Duncan to Idaho!  She has never been north of Salt Lake and I told her she has to go to Lava Hot Springs. (: haha.  It has been an amazing week!  How are the Shurtliffs?  I miss them all!  Have them write me letters!

PRAYFAME
pray for a missionary experience

I love you so much!!
Keep up the good work,

Sister Casperson


ps. please tell people to write me letters (:

No comments:

Post a Comment