Monday, August 12, 2013

A Good God

HEY family.  I love you!  This week has been so great!  Miracles are happening all around me here in Clanton. Thank you all for the kind letters and sweet words of encouragement.  I agree Mom - the time is flying!  There is so much work to do, and just not enough time!  People my age are already getting home from their missions.  Oh no, that makes me old! (: haha. That is bizarre.  I have realized this week though that really the Lord doesn't ask for a lot from us, He hardly asks for anything, but he promises us so many blessings for the short amount of work that we do.  I am studying the Abrahamic Covenant.  I have sort of always felt that a lot of gospel topics are just to deep for me, I like to stick to the simple stuff, but really the gospel is simple - all of it!  Our Father in Heaven made a promise to Abraham.  It is simple.  That promise extends to all of his posterity!  We are promised to be blessed! (many blessings, lots of specific blessings, but in general we are promised HAPPINESS)  I was trying to figure out who is the direct line of Abraham, and in the BD it says that those who are of the direct line of Abraham (which you find in your Patriarchal Blessing) are not blessed any more than those who aren't.  The Lord's promise to Abraham extends to ALL people who are living the gospel faithfully.  Who are keeping the commandments.  That is all that he asks of us - keep the commandments.  Those who are of the direct line of Abraham do have the responsibility to share the gospel!  It is our privilege and responsibility!  I have been thinking a lot about that this week, and I am so sorry if this is jumbled but to me this really shows that we are all children of God.  He doesn't love a certain group more than He loves the rest.  He doesn't love Mormons more than Catholics or Baptists.  He loves all of His children.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we know this.  We know that to fully keep the commandments that we have to make certain covenants with our Father in Heaven, these ordinances are performed through the authority of the Priesthood that is only given to worthy male members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.  That is the difference!  We have it all, and I don't mean that boastful.  But we know the full truth.  We know that way to receive all of the blessings that our Heavenly Father has in store for us, and that is by keeping the commandments.  So it makes sense that we are told to share that knowledge with others!  Our Father in Heaven wants to bless allllllllllll of His children.  He can do that if they are keeping the commandments, and it is our responsibility to help others to see that.  It is simple!  Sorry if this is jumbled, but to me it makes a lot of sense. (:
 
One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah 2:41 - (I think I include it in almost every email) but it is simple!  Keep the commandments and be blessed!  That is all that is required of us! (Mosiah 2:22)  He loves us, and wants to bless us! Let Him. (:
 
Our Father in Heaven is good and loving.  On one of the hymnals in the building a child wrote 'A Good God'  That probably wasn't the best place to write it, but I love that! God is so good.  He loves us and wants to bless us!. (:
 
Keep up the good work.  Keep the commandments.  Share the gospel.
 
I love you,
 
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment