Dear Family,
First off, this is going to be short again. I am so sorry! I am going to take a week or so long vacation from Clanton. This week I will be in Wetumpka, Alabama. (: My companion got her visa and is headed to Australia today!
This week we were working on preparing our investigator for baptism. She is super sweet! Her husband is a member and has been for 15 years, but he has been inactive for 13 years. He started coming back to church in May, and we started teaching her in July. She has been progressing well, but for the longest time she wouldn't commit to a date to be baptized. She decided to really just let her decide and to give her space. Last Saturday, we went over and saw her and she told us that she is ready and that she wanted to be baptized this week!! We were pumped to say the least! She really did take a long time to decide though, and I realized that that is what ALL of us have to do. Baptism is a huge committment. It is a covenant with our Father in Heaven. It is not just something that you jump into. So, all week we were working to prepare her for the big day. On thursday when we saw her she was excited to see us and she said that she had something to tell us. Long story short, her son who is 23 lives in Indiana. She hasn't told him anything about meeting with us or being baptized. He works at one of the national fraternities and travels around the nation to set them up. Last year he went to UTAH STATE! go aggies! (: So he called and said "Mom, I need to tell you something. So last year when i was out in utah i made some pretty good friends. One of them gave me a Book of Mormon. I just wanted to let you know that last night I started reading it." (!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!) She responded, "Well, there is something that I need to tell you too.." She told him everything! He was really supportive, and excited for her! Well he is going to be in Clanton this week, and I am so excited to hopefully meet him and for them to really talk about everything. (: I hope that that story makes sense. Bottem line: That is a miracle. The Lord is micromanaging in our lives. He is concerned with every aspect of our lives. He loves us!
Not to mention, that member missionary in logan utah. I don't know who it is, and he (or she) probably doesn't realize that the seed that they planted is started to grow. Bottem line: You won't always see the fruits of your efforts, but you still need to do the work!
Be missionaries. The church is true!
I love you all!
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment