This week I have really seen how easy it is to be lazy. We are human and it is natural. We see it throughout the scriptures - the people get lazy and don't remember God. They quit being thankful and quit taking time for their spiritual growth. We all know what that leads to.....
.....But it is also very natural for us to think that we aren't good enough. You are good enough! For heaven sakes you are a child of God. (: Of course you are good enough. You are perfect and God doesn't expect perfection, but He does expect us to try SUPER hard to fulfill our righteous desires. When I had my first interview with President Hanks we talked for a minute and then he said, "Oh no, are you one of those girls?" I giggled and said, "Uh, I don't know...What girls?"
He replied, "One of those girls who thinks that you aren't good enough. Man, why are there so many of you! You are good enough! Your mission president thinks that you are goo d enough!" He made me raise my right hand to the square and promise that I will remember that, "If my mission president thinks I am good enough that I am good enough!"
I will never forget that, and I think that is how are Father in Heaven feels about us sometimes. He knows our potential, and He knows that we can do it! He just wants us to see that!! So do it! Right know, please, put your hand to the square and repeat after me - YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!
Never forget that. The Lord doesn't call those who are qualified. He calls those who are available and helps them to be capable. You are enough. I love you all a lot!
Sister Casperson
ps. I am going back to Clanton on Wednesday, and I will be training again! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment