Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dream Big

Just a small little note from Sister Casperson's family. September 30th is her birthday and it would mean a great deal to her (and to us as her family) if you would be able to drop her a small note. Her address is in the "Write Me!" tab and letters/cards are best by post so that she has time to read them (email time is limited and the more emails she gets and reads, the less time she has to write) however, any greeting in her direction is so welcome! If you have any questions, just let us know by commenting or shooting us a message on FB. Thanks everyone!

Good Morning Dear Family!
How are ya'll doing this week?  I love those pictures that you sent.  You look great!  Mac is a little cutie - hug him for me! 
This week was so great!  Elder Kopishke of the Seventy came on Tuesday.  It was so great to hear from him, and he is German!  He isn't from anywhere near Kirckheim (however you spell that) but it was fun to hear his German accent!  He trained us on a lot of really great things!  He talked about how we need to ask more questions.  EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY we should go to church with a question in our heart that we sincerely want to know the answer to.  We will receive that answer.  Our Father in Heaven loves to answer our questions - he is just waiting for us to ask!  So I have really been trying that this week.  It is hard, but so worth it.  Please try it this week.  Go to church with a question, and always take notes.  The Spirit will help you to know the answer, I promise.
He also talked about how it is important that we all dream big. I have been trying that.  To really envision a certain thing happening.  He told us that if we do that, with faith, and act on it that our Father in Heaven will (if it is His will) He will make it come true.  I tried it!  A few mornings ago, I envisioned something and this morning it happened!  That is a miracle!  Yes it is simple, but it is a miracle.  In the scriptures it says that miracles are do not bring faith, but faith brings miracles. (Moroni7:37)  It isn't the miracles that convert people, first we must have faith.  Faith is the first step, and we have to have faith for everything.  Part of the Plan for our Happiness is that we first must have a trial of faith. The Lord said it himself in 3 Nephi 11 "I will try the faith of my people."  Our faith must be tried first before we see the miracles.  Faith is a principle of action and power.  First we must do the action - 1)try the experiment 2)exercise particle of faith 3)desire to believe 4)desire will work in you.  Then our Father in Heaven will exercise his power - 5)swell 6)sprout.  Alma 32:27-28.  It is a cycle that we must always be doing!  We need to be exercising our faith and growing our faith every single day.  The hard part is that we must first do our part!  We need to have  a desire to believe and then go out and do something about it!  That will lead to God showing His power through our faith. 
We have seen miracles this week in Clanton Alabama!  We met a sweet women who was at first not to open to the Book of Mormon, and we just started serving her and loving her.  Without us even teaching her anything she told us that she, "Better give this Mormon thing another thought."  She continued and said that we always show up right at the right time when she needs it most, and that God must be giving her some sort of sign.  So she is going to read the Book of Mormon! (which at first she didn't want to read because she thought it was a sin).  That was a miracle!  Last night we were able to contact a less active women that we have been trying to contact since I got to clanton 5 months ago!  Her husband and son are not members.  Well yesterday we saw her!  And at first she was not to interested in talking to us, but we have developed a pretty good friendship with her husband and his family so he invited us right in!  We talked to them for a bit, and here is the miracle - she invited us over for dinner!!  That is a miracle.  I love seeing peoples hearts change. LOVE IT! 
It has been an awesome week.  Miracles have happened.  Thank you so much for all that you do for me, and for all of the support!  I am grateful for a wonderful family, and for all that you have done for me throughout the last 20 years... man I am almost old. (:  haha.
I hope that all is going well with ya'll.  I love you!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment