Monday, September 23, 2013

It is going to take Work.

Hello Family!
What a great week it has been!  September is the best month ever - temple, general authority, general conference, stake conference, birthday - so much good! Oh, and it is starting to cool down a bit. (: 
I am glad that you sat down and set some goals.  That is one of my goals to set more meaningful goals.  It is so important that they are realistic and that they will push you to grow and be better.  Keep reading, every night! And praying, all the time!
I love what you said about the Atonement.  President Memory once compared it to a computer.  He is an older gentlemen and he was saying that He really doesn't know how to use computers at all, but he knows how to send a simple email and search something on google.  He doesn't need to know what it is built of and how it is put together to know that if he hits send his email will send.  He knows enough to use it.  That is sort of like the Atonement.  We don't know everything, but we know that if we repent we can be forgiven.  It is simple.  You don't have to know everything to be forgiven.
I have realized how happy I am!  I am truly soo soo happy!!  I have been thinking this week about that and I realized that it is simply the gospel that makes me happy.  I am happy to make other people happy, and I know that by teaching them that the FULLNESS of the gospel of Jesus Christ is BACK on the earth - the good news - ITS BACK!  How great is that?  We can be happy because we know what we need to do on this earth to return to live with our Father in Heaven which will make us HAPPY.  It is all about Happiness, and I love happiness. :D
I am reading the Old Testament right now.  I just made it to Deuteronomy and so far I think that the Lord has told Moses to tell the children of Isreal the ten commandments at least 10 times.  So this morning as I was reading over the ten commandments again I notice something.  It says, six days you should WORK, and on the seventh day rest from your labors.  We always remember the importance of resting on sunday, but are we remembering the other half of that commandment?  We are supposed to work!  yes, we all work in different ways.  Maybe we don't have a full time job or maybe we don't go to school every morning.  When Christ was on the Earth he worked!  He worked so much that all of His works couldn't ever be recorded (john21:25).  We need to work as the Savior worked.  Be of service to your fellow men.  Every day do something for someone else.  We are on this Earth to learn and grow and to become like our Father in Heaven.  Christ has shown us the exact way to do that. 
 
I love you all more than you know.  Do missionary work everyday.  2 Nephi 31:20
 
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment