Thursday, August 1, 2013

Priesthood Power!

Happy Monday Family - I love seeing miracles!  God is good! (:
First off,  MELANY!!! You didn't tell me!?  Did you know she got baptized?  I'm sure you did, it's a small town.  I got her email though and I truly could not be more excited!! It is really hard to put into words how excited I am!!  I love that girl.  Give her a hug for me. (:
Thank you for the bracelet!  Go Utah State!!  I don't know if I told ya'll this but Elder Weight is from Provo..so he likes BYU.  We have a nice rivalry going. (:  haha.
 
So good to hear that things are going well.  Tell the company that I say hello!  I'm sure that you have a lot of fun activities planned for the week. Eat a tomato at dinner and think of Alabama.  EVERYONE has sliced tomatos for dinner, lunch, every meal.  I eat tomatos now (really have no choice) haha.  And if you want to try something wierd.  Tomato sandwich (only tomato and mayo), banana sandwich (only banana and mayo), or a pineapple sandwich (pineaple, mayo, and cheese).  They all sound super nasty to me, but people eat them here a lot. (: haha. 
 
Things are going well here.  We had a really fun Pioneer day activity and one of the former missionaries came out with her parents from Utah.  I met here the transfer I got here she was going home.  It was good to see her and talk to her. I have seen a lot of miracles this week.  The Lord is micromanaging here in Clanton.  2 nephi 5 - The 6 Steps of Happiness: (i think these would be awesome on a piece of wood hanging on the wall) haha

1.  Family (verse 6)
2. Obedience (verse 10)
3. Scriptures (verse 12)
4. Temples (verse 16)
5. Work (verse 17)
6. Priesthood (verse 26)
 
I think these are great!  I have really been studying and thinking a lot this week about the priesthood.  What a blessing!  I would say that the priesthood is what sets us apart from all of the other denominations.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints holds the authority from God to perform sacred, saving ordinances.  It is essential!  We are working with an older women, I think she is about 75 years old.  She has a severe case of scoliosis and other health problems.  She hasn't been able to come to church because she is literally in to much pain to wear shoes and to sit in a chair for 3 hours.  Over the last couple weeks I have really seen the effects of the pain that she is in.  It has been really hard to see.  Saturday we went over to see her.  She was not doing very well, she was actually doing pretty bad.  We asked her if she would like a blessing and talked about how she could be healed enough to come to church if she had the faith that through the priesthood God could heal her.  We planned to have the elders come out later that night to give her a blessing.  Literally a half an hour after we left the elders were promted to go and visit her (we hadn't told them that she wanted a blessing).  They went and saw her and gave her a blessing though.  That in itself is a miracle!  But God saw fit to continue to bless this sweet women.  She came to church yesterday, and she literally looked like a new being.  She was happy! And in no pain!  Through worthy priesthood holders, her faith, and the goodness of our loving Father in Heaven she was healed. 
 
I know that the priesthood is God's power, and that it is given to those worthy to bless others.  That is the purpose of the priesthood - to bless people.
Always be worthy to hold the priesthood, and as women we need to understand the priesthood.  I hope that makes sense..
 
I love ya'll - the church is true
 
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment