Hello!! What a great week it has been. (:
I am glad that you got the sd card. I wrapped it so tightly because i was nervous that is was going to get stolen.. or the envelope would break of something.. haha. You don't have to keep any of the pictures on there. I will send my other card home in the christmas box that i am sending this week. (: It has older pictures, even from before I got here! I would love to see some videos if that would be easy to do. (: Whichever is easiest for you.
I am glad to hear that the Sisters are staying busy. Thank you! I hope that the christmas party was good. I would LOVE to see some pictures. (:
Curtis, I bet that you do great in White Christmas!! That is the one that we watched last year right? With the song about sisters? Good movie, I bet it is a better play. (:
Jon, I would love to hear about basketball? I am in the process of writing you a letter. Do good and be good. (:
The years go by so fast! 2013 has been a good one! (:
"You don't have to be nice to Satan." - Sister Hanks
I really don't remember if I have told you this, so here i go again. One of the spanish sisters here pointed it out that 'mas' in Spanish means more, so the spanglish version of Christmas literally means "More Christ." That is what Christmas is all about - Christ. Remember that.
This week I have gained a new appreciation for the gifts that we are given by our Heavenly Father, the gifts of the Spirit. I have been thinking a lot about that, and it is sort of interesting because I just realized that the gifts of the Spirit are just like a gift from a friend or family member. When I give a gift to someone, the thing that makes me happiest is when that person uses the gift. I would imagine that our Heavenly Father is the same way. He gives us these gifts, or talents, or strengths, whatever you wish to call them - They are gifts from God. He is happiest when we use them! We need to be working every day to recognize what our individual gifts are and then work to develop them more. I decided that this year I am going to really try to work on developing my talents more. One way that i am going to do that is by reading my Patriarchal blessing much more often and noting what strengths are included. This morning I started that, and it was so cool to see some of the personal gifts that Heavenly Father has given me that I really was not aware of. He blesses us, and we need to really try to notice the blessings. They are small most of the time, but if they were to big then we wouldn't be able to understand. It is like this, make the font 1000. Can you understand what I am writing? No. Because It is to big. That is how it is with the blessings and gifts that we receive.
This month we are really focusing on using the Book of Mormon more. It is great to sort of refocus on the thing that really matters. The Book of Mormon is true, and it blesses the lives of all who will read it and pray about it. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ. Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are needed to have the fullness of Christ's gospel. Share it with someone this week?
Do you remember in conference how one of the Apostles... (I can't remember who...) Invited EVERYONE to share the gospel with one person before Christmas. How is that coming? Have you done it? Have you tried?
Heavenly Father recognizes your efforts. Keep trying to share the gospel. Hey! and even better then talking about it, just go out and do good. Serve others! They will then ask you why in the world you are being so nice. I promise that it works!
Sorry that this letter is rambled. The temple was FABULOUS this week! I got to see Sister Platt, and that was the icing on the cake. (:
Christmas bells are ringing.....No, wait, those are wedding bells! (:
I love you,
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment