Hello There!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! (: It is crazy that 2013 is coming to an end..it has been a great hear full of changes. I sent you a Christmas package. You should get it today! Everything is wrapped in it, so you can open the box. (: I hope everything works and fits, but if not, please forgive me! This isn't required, but it would be super cool if you opened them while we were skyping? maybe, think on it. (: I just love to see reactions. haha.
CORTNEY GETS MARRIED THIS WEEK!! BROTHER-IN-LAW! <---- I don't even know how that works.... haha, but I couldn't be more excited! And I have all of the sisters here excited toooooo!! Oh, and Cortney, that picture on the back of the announcement, taken in the mountains, is that in idaho? Coolest picture ever! And all of the Sisters love it. SO ROMANTIC! Saturday will be an awesome day! Probably a really cold day, but an awesome day!! send me as many pictures as humanly possible.. please. (:
Missionary work and Christmas is weird. Most people would think that it is because it is hard not to be home (and yeah, that is a little of it..) but REALLY it is because EVERYONE goes out of town on the holidays so we have NO investigators. That is really the thing that makes this week hard, but we are going to do hard work and FIND some families this Christmas! And the members are taking really good care of us. (: Also, we have had some really awesome opportunities to do service, and that is really what this season is all about. We are to remember the birth of Christ, but not only His birth, but also His life. We should take this Christmas season as a chance to try a little harder to be more like Him, and to serve Him by serving our fellow men. I am excited for the service opportunities that y'all are going to have this season and that y'all have already had. Keep serving!
This week we had a really cool opportunity. We decided to bike...which we do not do very often, but we decided that it was warm enough to and we went for it! So Friday we biked over to see this women. She is less active, but she is really awesome! We biked all the way there, and when we got there.....she wasn't there. BUMMER. But we noticed these boys picking stuff out of this garden thing not to far away, so we walked over there started talking to them, and started to help them pick turnip/collard greens! We made it a new skill. (: As we were talking with them, we found out that they knew the women we had originally gone to see, and they knew exactly where she was! So they led us to her. She was at her friends house, who is a father of one of the boys we were with. IT WAS SUCH A MIRACLE THAT WE MET THEM! I know that if we wouldn't have been willing to get our hands a little dirty, and pick turnip greens in skirts, that we wouldn't have been able to see her that day. MIRACLE. Go out and serve (even when it isn't convenient).
There is this women we are teaching. She is in her 60s, and she had been baptized 8 times before she turned 23! She has been through a lot, and has come to feel that she is straight and right with God after all of these years. She has been coming to church and LOVES it! She knows that it is true! Last time that we taught her we invited her to be baptized and she said that she NEVER wants to be baptized.. So that was not to good. So we decided to stop pushing baptism and just teach her the lessons so that she can hopefully gain a testimony and then ask to be baptized! Well that was last week, and on saturday we invited her to come to a baptism. She came!!! She loved it. As we were walking into the room right after the baptism she said, "well I can never be baptized! I have so many health problems, I can't lean back like that....But hopefully they can get it all figured out soon so I can be baptized!" WHAT!? miracle. The next day she called us, said she had a few questions. She asked if we drink coffee. We told her no. She said, "So, when i get baptized I won't be able to drink coffee anymore?" We told her yes and continued to teach her about the word of wisdom.. She committed to live it. MIRACLE! Also, she talked to our (acting) Bishop about HER baptism. And she told us a week ago that she never will be baptized. <---That is a miracle. I know that God prepares people, and He prepares them in His own time. When He is ready for them to be ready they will be ready.
I SO LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! I am blessed to be in Alabama for Christmas.
I love y'all very very much, and i hope that you have a superb Christmas! I will see you on Wednesday. (:
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment