Friday, December 13, 2013

You find what you look for.

Hello There!
I hear it is cold there?  I wish I was there, because 80 with lots of humidity in December just ain't right!  But it is cooling down now, that is a blessing. (:
IT IS CHRISTMAS!  I hope that ya'll are listening to lots of christmas music for me!  They changed the music rule here, and we can only listen to music that would be sung in sacrament meeting.  It used to be that we could listen to all Christmas music.  I am really grateful for the change though, because even though I LOVE the cheesy efy songs and some good ol' Christmas music.  I have noticed that it is so much easier to feel the spirit listening to mellow motab.
That is bizarre to me that landon is home!  Man, time flies!  I love the gift card thing though, that is so true!  We always need to be developing our talents, and not only that, we need to experiment and find out what our talents are because we might have a talent that we didn't even know of.  (speaking of which, I have decided to learn how to yodel.  In Grandpa's memory. LOVE HIM.)
I am excited for the family Christmas party this year!  Eat lots of sausage dip for me. (:  Take pictures!  I would love to see everyone!
Mother dear, you are so awesome.  I hope that you know that.  I am grateful that I have learned from you to always be thinking of other before myself.  You are the ultimate example of that.  Thank you!
This week has been so great!  I know that I probably say that every week, but truly, this has been the BEST week of my mission so far.  We have been SOOOOOOO busy!  I think that is why it was so great, because we ALWAYS had something that we needed to be doing.  We taught some amazing lessons, and we worked HARD.  We met with this one girl and the first time we talked to her, before we taught anything, we were prompted to talk about baptism, and we did!  She wants to be baptized. Miracle. We were able to contact this awesome less active who is engaged to a nonmember.  We answered all of his questions.  Turns out, he has been to temple square and he remembers the missionaries coming to his house when he was a kid. Miracle.  We helped these amazing members move into the ward.  It was hard work!  But it has been amazing to see how much we love them, already.  I know that it is because they allowed us to serve them first.  Miracle.  One of our investigators came to the church.  It was his FIRST time ever being inside a church. (that doesn't happen in the south)  When we walked into the chapel, he said that he felt this weight lift off his shoulders.  He couldn't really explain how he felt, all he said was "weird and comfortable." Miracle!  He was searching for a camo Bible, and they are really expensive. We bought some duct tape and created his own camo Bible and Book of Mormon.  He cried. (well his voice cracked, I call that a cry for a man). MIRACLE!!!  We taught this less active/part member family.  He has been a member his whole life, but he hasn't been to church in YEARS.  He testified to his family about Joseph Smith.  We watched the Restoration dvd and his wife (the non member) cried!  They came to church and she cried! The spirit was so strong, and she is SOOOO prepared! MIRACLE!!!!!
I can't even put into words how great of a week this was, but it was awesome!  In my mind the blessings have come this week because Sister Nelson and i are being obedient and keeping our covenants.  We are blessed when we obey.  This week is proof of that.  I am grateful to be a missionary right now.  I am grateful to get to share the good news of the Savior, Jesus Christ at this time as we celebrate His birth.  This work is amazing.
We are the covenant people of the Lord.  If we keep our covenants we are blessed.  Study that this week.  One of my new favorite scriptures is 1 Nephi 14:14.  Ya'll are great!  The church is true.  Share the gospel daily.

I love you BIG time!  Thank you for being awesome!

Sister Casperson
Sister Casperson with a little pig? Heaven must be in Alabama!

And the heads turn to the left... 

No comments:

Post a Comment