Monday, February 10, 2014

The BEST love story.

Hello sweet family!  I hope that this email finds y'all doing well!  And hello Santiago!  I secretly have been trying to learn Spanish.  Ollah como esta? Mi numbre est Hermana Casperson, mi companero est Hermana Nelson. 
Haha, I probably failed at that.... (:
What a great week it has been!  How has y'alls been? Looking awesome.   
Jon, I like your basketball pictures.  You look like a stud!  How did you like basketball this year?  Also..I hope you know that in my mind you are still like 14....what happened?  It is weird to get old, isn't it? haha.  Oh, there is a mormon message called "A work in Progress"  If you are done with the media fast, will you please watch it? Let me know what you think.  It made me think of you.
Curtis,  it sounds like you are doing good!  All the plays that you are auditioning for sound great!! You are so good at acting, I hope that you know that.  I read one of the talks from the Priesthood session this week, I know that you have heard it, but will you read it again?  It was SO GOOD!  It is by President Uchtdorf "You can do it now"  Keep doing good things.  You are strong. Never forget that.
Cortney, I hope that the new job is going well.  And I hope that Trent's schooling is moving right along.  Magnify your calling - whatever it may be.
Things are going well here!  I am not loving a snowy Alabama...but all is well. (:  We are excited for our investigator to get baptized on Saturday!  She is so amazing, and so strong!  I know that the youth of today really were saved for this time.  This is the "4th quarter" - He has put in His strongest players and she is one of them.
This week I have been thinking a lot about John 3:16-17.  Did you know that that is the most famous scripture in the Christian world?  And it is all about love.  This week for Valentines Day I am going to be focusing on the love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children.  He loves so deeply that He sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.  And Jesus Christ loves us so purely that He atoned for us.  He gave up His life. John 15:13 <3 
I think that is the greatest love story of all.  That is what it is all about, and sometimes we all forget it.  Take some time this week to reflect on that love.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

I do stand all amazed.  He loves us. 
I hope y'all know that I love you BIG time!
Thank you for everything!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment