Good Morning!! How are y'all?
All is well in Alabama! We are have B-E-A-U-tiful weather. But that will probably change. haha (: Right now it is in the 60s - feels like spring.
It has been a great week!
Thank y'all so much for your encouragement and love!
Well, this week has been good. I don't remember if I told you this, but a couple weeks ago at the laundromat we met this women. She told us how once a week she would get together with a group of people from various churches and feed the homeless. She invited us to come and help, so we did! It was probably one of the coolest experiences that I have ever had! There was 30 or so people there to help, and a preacher came from one of the congregations to give a devotional before we handed out the food. At first when he met us he was a little skeptical to have the Mormons there (we could tell) He tried to 'confound' us a couple times, but we just tried to get to know him and love him and serve him and those around us. We were able to show him that we believe in Jesus Christ too, and we just are here to serve God's precious children. By the end, he was grateful that we came - and invited us to come back again!!
That experience taught me a couple things:
1 - If we don't open our mouths we will never know the opportunities that we will miss. We saw a women at the laundromat - and to be honest, I had to talk myself into talking to her! It was hard, but I was able to 'gird up my loins' and do it! Turns out that she is the founder of it all! Her and her friend decided one day 20 years ago that they wanted to do something to help, and since that day EVERY monday at the same time, at the same park, she is there with TONS of food to give to those in need.
We never would have been able to have such a positive experiences if we hadn't of opened our mouths.
Open your mouth. You will be surprised who you meet.
2 - Every religion has truth. I loved listening to the devotional, and that preacher spoke truth! Nope, he isn't Mormon, but he has truth. He spoke about how much God loves us ALL! He loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, for us! We are loved, so we need to in turn show love.
We need to not only talk about what Jesus said, but DO what Jesus did.
He loves us, so we should LOVE others.
3 - Service Softens Stoney Souls. It is a fact. Serve others, and they will be much more open to listening to what you have to say. Who have you served today?
I am really sorry that this letter is scrambled. I just hope that y'all know that I love you BIG time. I love the south BIG time. I love missionary work BIG time!
Missionary work is loving others.
Missionary work is serving.
Missionary work is saying nice things.
Missionary work is being a good example.
Missionary work is stating simple truths, DAILY. (if they are prepared, they will ask more.)
Missionary work is doing Christ's words.
I love y'all BIG time!
Do Christ's words, and when necessary say Christ's words.
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment