Monday, March 3, 2014

Scripture Power!

Good Morning!
It is looking beautiful here in Alabama! And it has been a superb week.  We had lots of service opportunities this week which I absolutely LOVED.  I think that service is the best way to do missionary work.

It has been a really good week! Yesterday we got a ride home from church and I was talking to the 7 yr old boy about primary.  I asked him what his favorite primary song is.  He said, "Scripture Power!"  That resulted in us singing it, and it went a little something like this.
Scripture power keeps me safe from sin!
Scripture power is the power to win!
Scripture power! Ev’ry day I need
The power that I get each time I read.
I think that we can learn a lot from that simple little 7 year old.  He recognizes the importance of the scriptures.  Do we?  I know that by holding fast to the scriptures we really can be safe from sin!  I know that by holding fast to the scriptures we can win the fight!  I know that studying the scriptures brings power.  Hold fast to the scriptures!  NEVER LET GO!
I promise that taking time everyday to study the scriptures will lead to immense blessings.  Just do it.
This week  I have been reading about Alma when he is teaching the humble Zoramites about faith.  In chapter 32 he simplifies the principle in a way that they will be able to understand - comparing faith to a seed.  They knew what Alma meant, but they didn't know how to do anything that he invited them to do.  So in chapter 33 they ask him how in the world they can do it?  Alma continues to teach them and gives them all of the information that they need.  He shows them what to do and how to do it, and then in the last verse on 33 he tells them something deeply profound.
"...And even all this can ye do if ye will."
We can strengthen our faith. We can be happy.  We can be forgiven.  We can return to our Father in Heaven.  We can do all these things is we are willing to DO IT.  It is hard to take that first step into the dark, but the blessings are sure if we do.
Continue in faith.  Hold fast to the scriptures.
Love you BIG time,
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment