Hello there! It is spring time in Alabama, almost. The trees are starting to blossom, and it is beautiful! The sun is really coming out, and I am super nervous for another humid summer. It will be awesome though! I got my first 3 bug bites this week - red ants - I love Alabama!
I am glad to hear that y'all had a great week! Stake Standards Night sounds like it was a blast! I would have loved to been there and saw that! It is a really cool idea, and a good way to really make the Book of Mormon come alive. I love Ammon! Remember me for missionary work, not for cutting off arms. That is a good reminder! Whenever I think of Ammon I think of how willing he was to serve. The service is what stemmed the teaching - it all starts with service.
On Thursday we get to go to the temple, and I am so excited!! (: I don't think there is a better place to be than at the temple. One thing that we have received a lot of training on lately is to simplify. I love in 2 Nephi 31 Nephi explains that he will teach the Doctrine of Christ in a simple way so that all can understand. That is why simplicity matters, because EVERYONE can understand the simple stuff. One of our investigators likes to dig really deep, and to have really philosophical conversations with his coworkers. This week when we taught him he explained to us how important it is no not think to much. He said that thinking to much leads to confusion. I know that Heavenly Father doesn't want us to be confused, and that is why He teaches us SIMPLY.
Sincere
Inspiring
Meaningful
Plain
Loving
Enduring
I have been really trying this week to simplify. That is the important part. Remember the basics. God is your loving Heavenly Father, and He sent His perfect Son, Jesus Christ. He did it because He loves you, and He wants you to return to Him. All He asks is that we are obedient. THAT is the basics. Sometimes people think that simple means to dumb things down, but that isn't true. Being simple and clear is true boldness. I know that as you simplify that the Spirit will be able to better teach you, and that is where true understanding comes.
Be simple. Remember Alma 37:6-7. It is by the small and simple things that great things happen! Yesterday I was able to give a talk on this exact topic. It turns out that the first two speakers spoke for a long time, so I was able to on the spotsimplify my talk on the small and simple things. It was interesting to really apply what I was inviting everyone else to do, and it wasn't easy. It takes much more practice to be simple, but I know that is how Christ was, and I want to try and be like Him.
Will you try something simple for me? Read the conference talk by Elder Valenzuela "Small and Simple Things," and then go and do it! Be simple. Be bold. Be loving.
I love y'all big time!
Sorry this is sort of scrambled.
Sorry this is sort of scrambled.
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment