From change stems growth
This is going to be a quick one today - sorry about that! I have to get lots of packing done in just a little amount of time. (:
It has been a WONDERFUL week, and I have learned a lot! The Women's Conference on Saturday was great! I am so excited for General Conference! I would say the best part about Saturday was that we finally got to see one of our investigators (it had been like 2 months since we last saw her). She told us that she is confused at what she should do because she is sort of walking down two paths - her old, Lutheran, church and the Mormon church. She said that she likes both paths, and she doesn't know how to decide which one to take. We had a good lesson with her, and invited her to come to the conference. She said YES! Pres. Eyring's talk was ALL about the covenant path. She told us that she really liked it, and it was exactly what she needed. Not a coincidence!
Also, this week we looked through our area book this week and noticed this women that was dropped by the missionaries back in september. We decided to go and see her anyway and see if she might be interested in still learning. We went to see her on Saturday (oh, and we walked in the freezing cold southern wind - i will send a picture) She let us right in! She had been wanting to come to church, but she said when the other sisters got transferred that she didn't know anyone else at church, and she felt weird so she quit going. I was so sad to hear that. She then basically begged us to start teaching her again and to help her get right with God. I know that it wasn't a coincidence that we decided to go and see her that day. We were led there because she was prepared to listen!
I also learned from that experience the importance of fellowship from the ward members. PLEASE do me a favor and whenever there is a new face at church - introduce yourself to them and get to know them! I know it is hard, but it is also vital for their spiritual growth.
I am excited to be transferred this week! But also, and mostly, I am really sad. I have sure grown to love the people in the Anniston area. I look forward to the day when I will be able to see them all again.
I love y'all BIG time!
Sister Casperson
ps. I took lots of pictures this week - enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment