Monday, July 7, 2014

"...consistently be what you want to become..." -Richard G. Scott

Hey Y'all!  I hope that you had a wonderful day of celebrations!  I was celebrating Canada Day and the Fourth of July with you! The sad thing was that I don't have an America shirt, but I do have a Canada shirt... Oh, Canada!!

It was a great week!  All week we have been teaching these two young kids who chose to get baptized on Saturday!  It was amazing to teach them because of how simply they understand the gospel.  As we were teaching them about the temple, the 11 year old boy said, "Well of course! Everyone should get married in the temple!  I will be."  It was so simple to him. I think that is amazing because really the gospel is simple. It makes sense! Don't get so distracted with the complex thinking, just focus on the basics.  That is the beauty of the gospel!  It is so simple that a child can understand, and most of the time they understand much, much better than we do.  I think that is probably why we are told so much in the scriptures to "become as a little child." 

Yesterday we had a really cool experience!  We had been tracting and contacting all day, and we weren't seeing any success at all.  Then at about 8:15 we were trying to decide where to go, because all of our plans had fallen through.  We pressed forward!  As we were biking passes this house there was two young girls running around. We sort of passed them, but decided to turn around and go and talk to them.  Both of their parents came out around that time, and we were able to invite them both.  They said YES!  We had an awesome lesson with them!  Turns out that his two favorite authors are both Mormon!  It was an amazing experience, and they are both really open!  That was a miracle!

I REALLY love the Huntsville area!  Only in Huntsville will we go to store contact and meet to active members from another ward. (That happened on wednesday...) It is amazing to be surrounded by so many members!  One thing that I have realized is really a struggle here though is that fact that EVERYONE is really educated (engineer city).  So most of the people that I have met here are looking for proof.  I have learned a lot about faith serving in Huntsville, and I know that faith is SO important for us to have!  We aren't suppose to know everything.  Study Ether 12 this week, and I invite you to spend extra time pondering on verse 6.  What does that mean to you? I know that Heavenly Father allows us to be tested.  There is no testimony without a test.  I know that as  you try everyday to strengthen your faith by being obedient that  you will have an increase of strength to do hard things.  Here's my new favorite quote for you:

"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." -Richard G. Scott

I love y'all so much!
Sister Casperson


No comments:

Post a Comment