Hello Family! It has been a SUPER hot week here with approximately 100% humidity. I hear that it is hot there too? How else are things there in the beautiful Inkom, Idaho? I always joke about how that is the promised land. It is sort of a joke, but sort of not. That place is amazing! And moscow is pretty good too... (: People are always so surprised when they see us riding our bikes out in this heat. People almost break their necks as the do the double take. The good thing is though, because I visibly sweat so much, people get really concerned and generally let us in or at least give us some cold water. Blessings!
On saturday we walked passed these sweet ladies. They had a mobile dog grooming truck. They were so concerned because of how red my face was that they made us step inside and take a break. They didn't have AC, but they did have a few fans. They so kindly turned the fans toward us, and as they moved it this cloud of white dog hair flew into the air and landed right on both of us! So we looked a mess! The dog hair was sticking to my sweaty face... such a hot mess! But they were really sweet, and both knew Mormons and invited us to go out to lunch with them sometime! It is said that it takes a person 7 contacts with the church to decide to investigate, that day we were one of those ladies contacts. I am happy that I was able to be there to water the seed, even if I was sweaty and dog hair covered! MIRACLES!
We realized this week that one of the hurdles we face in this area is that everyone is at work in the afternoon because this is a really wealthy area, and it is SO hot until around 8 pm that no one dares to step outside of their safe air conditioned homes, and people are scared to open their doors these days. So, we are really trying to brainstorm new ways to find investigators. We are having another free car wash and open house at the end of the month and we are considering doing a lemonade stand. Do y'all have any other ideas? Let me know. We can use all of the help that we can get!
Have you ever thought of the difference between reading, studying, and pondering. It is our responsibility to learn as much as we can while we are here. This week work to learn something new about the gospel. Study your Patriarchal blessing this week. Ponder the words.
Think about why the Book of Mormon is valuable to you. Why is it? What part has changed your life? Who do you know who would benefit from that amazing story? Who do you know that needs peace? Watch they video on Hastening the Work "I will go where you want me to go." Be that family! The purpose of missionary work is to help people, to love them. It is hard, believe me I know. I also know that we are made to do hard things. It is engrained in us. We are children of God.
I know that the church is true.
That is what matters.
I love y'all BIG time!
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment