Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Challenge Yourself.

Good Morning!
It has been a superb week! President Hanks told me that he is friends with Mom on Facebook and that he gets little updates on his phone for some reason.  He told me that 'someone in my family, was having a fun time, somewhere, doing something.'  (:  That very undetailed statement made me happy!  I am glad that y'all are doing well. (:
 
It has been a wonderfully wet week here!  Lots and lots of rain!  But not as much as in Rexburg.  I heard that there was quite the storm there!  Did anything happen in Inkom?  It made me think back on that one year when Inkom flooded on the Fourth.  It is so crazy to me how fast something that change, and then 'boom!' your life is changed in and instant.  I have been thinking about that the last couple days.  Yesterday, one of the full time missionaries from the Capshaw ward, came home from her mission.  She served for 9 months! She found out 48 hours before she came home that she was coming home.  That is bizarre! She has some major health problems, and it is so good that she is home to get those figured out. This week we met this women who had a friend recently pass away.  He was diagnosed with Lukemia and two weeks later he was gone. 
Those are three completely different situations, but have you ever paused and realized how fragile life really is.  This day is beautiful!  There will probably be things that happen today that are rough, but the beauty is that today is today! Your life can change in an instant, so be grateful for this beautiful moment, even if it is rough.  
 
One thing that I love about the South is that there are Bible verses on everything!  I found one a month or so ago inside our egg carton.  So I cut it out and put it on my study desk.  I have looked at it every day for the past few months.  I love it!  I cannot remember exactly what it says, and I just realized that it is probably from a different version of the Bible because I can't find it on lds.org, but it says something along the lines of this,
 
"This is the day which the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
 
I think that applies.  Maybe today is hard, but I know that things can change in an instant.  Be happy today for the hard things that you have to do.  The Lord has made this day.  Be GLAD & REJOICE.
 
Reasons to rejoice:
  • The fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through a prophet of God.
  • There is a living prophet on the earth today
  • Jesus Christ is leading his church through revelation
  • Priesthood ordinances are available to all
  • God is the same, and He loves us all so much!
  • The hard things of today are preparing you for the harder things of tomorrow
This list could go on and on.  I am going to try and add to this list whenever I am feeling like it has been to hard of a day.  I know that it is because Jesus Christ has restored the fullness of His gospel to the earth that we can have hope.  Hope that things will be okay.  Hope that even if life does change in an instant, that He knows what he is doing.
 
Be grateful & challenge yourself.  
 
I love y'all BIG time!
I definately had more on this email, but mid email we taught this awesome lesson  to a women named Bridget.  She is so prepared!  Yes, my computer logged off and some of my email was lost, but it was worth it! 
I know that the Lord is truly working here in Capshaw with me!  (Jacob 5)
 
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment