Saturday, August 2, 2014

"You can do hard things through faith in Christ." Elder Mckay

Well hello there Family!  I am trying to think of a funny joke to insert here.... but I don't think I am that funny.  It has been a great week though! 
 Do y'all remember me telling you about the car wash and open house that we had at the church last month? I think that I told you about that.  Well we had another one this week, and it was AMAZING!  About 3x more people came this time than last time, and almost all of them went on church tours.  I realize now why the church is focusing a lot on getting people inside the church.  Have y'all done any sort of activities like that there?  Do the missionaries do lots of church tours?  I know that people are much more accepting and receptive when they have been in the church and felt the Spirit there.  There were 11 people who said that they were interested in learning more!  That was in a period of four hours! In general when we are tracting, in four hours there are usually like 2 poeple (maybe) who say we can come back. The car was was a MIRACLE! 
I had a really cool opportunity this week to go on an exchange with one of the Spanish sisters.  I was able to sit in on a few spanish lessons!  It was odd because I literally couldn't speak at all (and be understood) but it was cool to see that the Spirit really doesn't have any language barriers.  I was able to understand more than I ever thought I would be able to. 
This week I have been thinking a lot about the hard things that we are going to pass through.  No one is immune to struggle, not even Jesus Christ.  He was tempted, and He learned from that that He was the Son of God.  He learned about His divine potential.  He showed us how we can face the struggles and tempatations we face.  He turned to His Father,  He asked for help - He even asked if the struggle could be taken away - but He accepted the will of His Father always.  We can learn from His example in this instance as well as others.  We will face trials.  We will be asked to do things that we think are just to hard for us to do, but Heavenly Father knows.  We have each been prepared to face the trials we will face, and it is through our trials that our faith is strengthened.  Heavenly Father knew that it would be hard for us, and that is why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ.  So that we would have someone to turn to on our hard days, when we don't physically think that we can continue.  
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 
-Philippians 4:13
He gives us strength.  We each have divine potential, and it is through Christ that we are able to access that.  He is eagerly waiting to help each of us, and He wants us to turn to Him for help.  I am trying to push myself to new lengths.  To challenge myself.  I know that it is by doing hard things that we are able to grow the most.  So, lets all do it together!  Let's all do something that is hard.  Turn to Christ.  You can do hard things!
I love y'all BIG time! 
Here are a couple pictures. (:
Sister Casperson
Sister Missionary Twinkies

Car wash

No comments:

Post a Comment