Monday, August 18, 2014

"When You're Waiting for the Lord to Open up the Next Door, Praise Him in the Hallway."

Hey there Family! 
It has been a great week here in Alabama!  For a couple days there was no humidity, and it was wonderful!  All of the locals got concerned because it was so 'dry.'  Don't you worry though, we got that humidity back yesterday followed by a good ol' big storm!  We were blessed to be outside when it hit, and let me tell you, it felt GREAT to not be soaking in my own sweat, but to be soaking in rain.  (:  I hope that the pictures do it justice. haha
I am glad to heard that things are going well there! 
Good luck with school starting Jon!  I cannot believe that you are old enough to be a senior.  Where did the time go?  On Saturday we met this young man - high school drop out from intercity Birmingham. He joined the church 5 months ago, and has completely turned his life around!  He is getting his GED and already has plans to have his mission papers in by the end of the year. I know that the gospel changes peoples lives! 
Curtis, thank you so much for the letter!  It made my day. (:  You are a champion for the Lord.   Did I tell you about that talk, Becoming a missionary by Elder Bednar?  You should read it!  And Jon, you should to.  It is a wonderful talk that is all about the principle of 'becoming.'
I am grateful for all of you.  I think that it is safe to say that I have the best family in the entire world!   Thank you.
This week we have really seen miracles.  Last Sunday we went to meet this less active member.  He is 16 years old and joined the church 2 years ago with his mother.  Sadly they stopped coming pretty soon after baptism.  We stopped by, not really knowing anything about the family.  He seemed like he had some potential so we decided to really focus on helping him.  We started reading the Book of Mormon with him, and he opened right up.  Explained to us that he was searching for answers.  He had so many questions.  So many good questions!  He was searching, longing for something. He told us that he thought that he had found all of his answers when he joined the church, but over the years doubts had crept in.  Sunday he came to church, and he LOVED it!  His questions were answered at church.  I know that doubts do come sometimes, but remember - you know enough.  Remember how you felt when you received and answer that the Book of Mormon is true.  Remember how you felt when you first went to the temple.  Remember the answered prayers, and hold to those answers.  I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, and He is consistent.  I really don't think that He will change His mind on things that really matter. 
" Yes, there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts.... Don’t give in. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. He wants everyone to be miserable like unto himself. Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Remember the answers that you have received, and hold to your guns.  Never back down!  This is intended to be hard.  Be confident in the revelation you have received.  Heavenly Father is not trying to confuse us, so why would He give us one answer ("Yes, the church is true.") and then plant in your mind doubts ("but what about...?").  He wouldn't do that.  Stick to the answer you received.  Be confident in that. 

I know that the fullness of the everlasting gospel has been restored to the earth.  I know that the priesthood of God has been restored.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.  He is my Savior.  I know this because I have prayed about it, and I know by the Holy Ghost that these things are true.  Yes, there may be times when questions arise, but I know without a doubt that the church is true.  I am holding on to that. 
Hold on with me.
The church IS true.
I love y'all BIG time!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment