Monday, August 25, 2014

"I'm so proud I'm so humble!"


Hey family!  haha - so about the subject.  This is possibly the best quote that I have heard in a while.  One of the members here said this, and it was hilarious to me!  So, I am not recommending that we all get big heads, but whenever you're feeling pretty good just remember this, "I'm so proud I'm so humble!"  I think that it is safe to say that it will crack you up, or at least it will crack me up!

Things are going great here in Anniston!  It has been a really HOT week. Even the locals were saying that it was just to hot to be outside.  You can probably bet where we were at?  Outside, biking, sharing the good news!  We had a hard time this week getting in contact with our investigators, but we found a really sweet family!  They are all southern, and I love them!
The epitome of a southern family - accents, sweet tea, and hunting. They other day we were over there trying to teach them, and the father got distracted by the squirrel on the porch. He was so excited to shoot it. Luckily, they told us that they don't eat the squirrels. So we are safe! They really are great though! Teaching them is going to be a challenge, but so far they really like what we have taught them. And they want to come to church!

We have done a lot of service this week and I love it!  Not sure what could be better.  I know one thing is for sure,  when you feel crummy, go and serve someone less fortunate than you, and it is amazing how your day will turn around.  I love doing service because there is no way to be sad while doing it.

I have been thinking a lot about the temple this week.  Sadly, a couple weeks ago we found out that we aren't going to go to the temple again as a mission until December.  I was sad that I may not be able to go to the Birmingham temple again as a missionary, but this week we were able to go to the temple with two recently reactivated members from the branch!  It was a wonderful experience.  Not to mention that Denise, a recent convert from Clanton who I taught, just reached her year anniversary of being baptized! She is preparing to go to the temple, and I cannot think of anything better than being able to go to the temple with her.  I love the temple, and I know that the work done in temples is essential.  It is missionary work!  And there are so many people who are anxiously waiting for us to go to the temple.  It is like playing capture the flag, when you get tagged you have to go to jail, and while in jail all you want is for someone to come and 'save you.'  I imagine that is what it is like in the Spirit World.  There are people their who we know and love, who we have forgotten about.   I imagine they are waiting on the edge of their seats.  So, here is a small confession,  the hardest thing about missionary work is not being able to go to the temple whenever I want.  It is hard, but I know that the work I am doing here in Alabama is equally important.  There are people waiting here in Alabama for me to teach them the restored gospel so they can go to the temple.  Yes, they may not know it yet, but I know that there are prepared people.  Likewise, there are people waiting for you to go to the temple for them, and to do their work.  They have held up their end of the deal, and now they are waiting for you to 'find' them and go to the temple.  I promise you that they are waiting. 

So, here is the challenge.  Find and go to the temple.  I promise that I am working hard here.  I am giving it all that I've got!  I promise to find those who are waiting for me, and I challenge you to find those who are waiting for you and then to go to the temple.  It is the work of salvation and I know that it is the work of the Lord.  Be a tool in His hands this week. 

I love y'all so so so BIG time! 
I cannot put it into words how much I love y'all.
I have the best family on earth, and that is a fact!

Sister Casperson

ps. Denise told me this week when I talked to her that I have a southern accent!  Best compliment ever. 
"Daggum y'all. I'm fixin' to carry y'all to the store!"

I love the south!

No comments:

Post a Comment