Monday, September 1, 2014

When the going get's tough...keep Laboring!


Hey there Family!
I hope that you have a splendid Labor Day today!  Things are going great here!  Sorry this may be a little short today.  It seems like there is just never enough time to email.  There is so much work to do!

This week has been great!  I have been thinking this week about obedience.  I think that is my favorite principle of the gospel.  My philosophy = be obedient to the commandments and you will be blessed.  It is really that simple.  There are times however that people will not support you in your desire to be obedient, and I will tell you from experience, that is hard.  People will insult you, give you dirty looks, and tell you you are wrong.  It is hard.  I know one thing for certain though.

  When you are obedient, you are blessed. 

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are there supporting you when no one else seems to be.  I know that.  Keep doing what you know to be right.  Hold to your guns.  Be obedient, and never waiver to please someone else.   Build your testimony on Jesus Christ, not on anyone else.  

I am grateful for y'all for teaching me this principle.  I have an amazing family who never fails to continually support me in being good.  Always surround yourself with others who encourage you to keep the commandments - even the simple ones that really sometimes seem not to matter.  I know that all of the commandments where intended for all of us.  I know that buffets are yummy, but not when it comes to obedience.  

Exact obedience brings blessings.

It is possible to be exactly obedient.  Do the best you can, and repent daily.  Keep being good.  Seek daily to please God, not others, and when the going get's tough... keep going!  I am here always supporting you in the good that you do.  Lean on me!  And most importantly, lean on Jesus Christ.  Pray when you need strength to face the mean people who don't support you.  Be obedient always.   
I love y'all BIG time.

Sister Casperson



No comments:

Post a Comment