Hey there family! This week I am going to start you off with a little bit of humor. I have learned that the best thing to do is to laugh over the awkward moments.
Last night we were biking to our dinner appointment. There was this man is his drive way, so we started talking to him. He told us that he was Atheist. Serving in Alabama, I have really only met about three Atheist, and quite frankly, I have no idea what to say when I am faced with that response..... So I was racking my brain, and the thing that flew out of my mouth before I could stop it was, "So, you don't pray much?" (In my defense, I always confuse Atheist and Agnostic - I can't keep them straight! So.....) Long story short, he WASN'T interested. haha, such an awkward moment.
I could either cry about that embarrassment or laugh. I choose to laugh! I know that even though that wasn't a great contact, that the Lord is proud of me for at least talking to him. Blessings come from doing hard things!
Now here's a joke:
"Why wouldn't the Irish Potato let his daughter marry a news reporter?
Because he was a common-tator! :D
HAHAhahaaHAHA
Enough for the jokes, but I hope that y'all got a good laugh! I know that I did. (: This week was wonderful. I cannot believe that August is here already. Everyone says that August is the hottest month in Alabama - luckily, it has been very mild. I am grateful for that!
We got sang to by a 4 year old, wrestled our broken washer, laughed as one of the elders in our district did his "If I were a rich man" Tevia impression, and went to the Capshaw ward 'Primary' MTC. It was a blast! I have learned a lot, because of the experiences that we have had. One thing that I have really learned is the value of serving others. That is part of our purpose here on earth, is to help our brothers and sisters to find happiness. Sometimes it is really hard to help them, because we don't know what to say, and/or maybe we are so tired from helping that we feel like we just can't keep on going. I truly believe in Christ's words when he said, "
It is cool to see how everyones testimonies grow 'line upon line' - mine truly has with this principle. I thought that I knew exactly what this scripture meant, but I have seen from experience in the last few weeks that the key to happiness really is to forget about yourself, and serve others. Believe me, your needs will be met when you are meeting the needs of others. You will have so much joy. When you do feel down, because let's be real, we all do every now and then, do something nice for someone else. Compliment a stranger, hug your friend, take out the neighbor's garbage, just do something, and you will feel better!
It is a hard thing to do, and I find myself thinking about myself all the time, but I have seen a lot of happy people, and I have seen a lot of unhappy people. I know that the way to be happy is to not think about your unhappiness, be grateful in your circumstances, and make someone else happy.
Be happy! Laugh at yourself every now and then, but always remember that you are a child of God. That is what matters.
I love y'all SO MUCH! I know that y'all are amazing, and you are applying this principle. Try this week to recognize your efforts to increase others happiness.
I love you!
Sister Casperson
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
Matthew 16:25
No comments:
Post a Comment