Monday, October 13, 2014

"I felt like I wasn't hungry anymore." Kyla

Good morning dear family!!
Is today Canadian thanksgiving?  Man!  I should be making some pie or something. (:  I hope that y'all do something fun today!  Have you seen the new movie, Meet the Mormons?  You should go and watch it today.  It is SO good!  We had a cool opportunity and got to watch it last week, before it even came out!  ABM missionaries basically equal VIP.  Just kidding, but it was great!
This week has been SO good, and so fast!  I don't know how it happens, but Mondays get here faster and faster every single week.  It was a fun, busy week this week.  I have never done this before, so I am going to give it a shot.  I will tell you one fun, awesome, spiritual things from each day of the week!
Monday - We met this sweet man in walmart.  We were trying to help him get something off of the top shelf, turns out it was coffee.  We started talking to him and explained that we don't drink coffee.  He was nice, looked me right in the eyes and said, "You look like a bourbon drinker," then promptly turned around and walked away.  I didn't know what else to do, so I just laughed and continued on. (: 
We also found out that Thor is now a Disney princess!  And I got to hold a Thor hammer.  That was fun! (:
Tuesday - We had an amazing lesson with Valerie!  She basically taught her daughter the plan of Salvation.  Solid lessons = awesome days
Wednesday - Sister Conant and I were needing a pick-me-up, so we decided to go and get pizza and a coke.  A sweet man secretly paid for us. MIRACLE.
We had another awesome lesson with two of our other progressing investigators.  They completely loved the plan of salvation!  And at the end of the lesson one of them said the prayer.  In her prayer she thanked Heavenly Father that they both got to fast that day, one from smoking, the other from food.  We had NO idea that they were fasting, they decided to do that completely on their own! Also, we were planning to teach the Word of Wisdom next.  She was one step ahead of us, and already knew that she needed to quit smoking!  Miracle!
At our dinner appointment we asked the 9 year old daughter what it felt like when she was baptized.  She said, "It felt like I wasn't hungry anymore."  The Spirit hit all of us there so strong right when she said that.  It is SO true.  Not in a physical hunger sort of way, but spiritually the covenants we make with God feed our spiritual hunger. 
Thursday - We found out that we are going to be able to skype weekly with an investigator who is going out of town for a month for job training! 

Friday - It's always a good day when your investigators take you out to dinner at OLIVE GARDEN.  We are spoiled. The best part of it was that they didn't order sweet tea.  That is a BIG thing in the south!
Saturday - We helped out some members with there yard sale, and it got completely rained out.  But in the process we met this sweet women, she asked us to pray with her, and then explained that she really needed some help moving.  We were able to send the sisters from her area over to help her out, and it really impacted her.  That was a small seed planted, and I know that that is where it starts.
Sunday - During Sunday school the coolest thing happened. It really was an Emmaus experience for me. Our investigator raised her hand and asked to share something, she told the class the story of the day that Sister Conant and I met her and her roommate in the park. It was really cool to hear her perspective on that day. They didn't even want to go running at the park, they felt sick and both of them struggle severely with PTSD. She said that she felt pretty much like she was rock bottom. The PTSD was really getting to her, and just a couple weeks before, her roommate had attempted suicide. She felt like it was her responsibility to help her, but yet, she was struggling with things herself. We talked to them in the park that day, and she said the she feels so much strength. Her complete outlook on life has changed! She said, "They have been coming over for a few weeks now doing Bible studies with me. They invited me to be baptized and made me a calendar and I am so excited!" It was so amazing to listen to her share that. I have always known that Heavenly Father uses us to answer the prayers of His children, and that He places us in the perfect location to do so, but yesterday that was really reconfirmed for me. I don't understand how He does it, but I am so grateful! "...man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." Mosiah 4:9 I know that it is true!
Sorry this turned out to be such a long email.  I just wanted y'all to see what a week in the life of a ABM missionary was like.  Miracles are happening here!  Sometimes they are hard to see, but I know miracles happen every day. 
Notice the miracles in your life this week, and write them down!
"Inspiration carefully recorded shows God that His communications are sacred to
us. Recording will also enhance our ability to recall revelation." - Richard G. Scott
I love y'all BIG time!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment