Monday, May 20, 2013

Just Do It!

5/20/13
Good Afternoon!
Sounds like you had an awesome week, and this week will only be even more busy!  It is weird for me to think that Curtis is all grown up...so I just don't think about it!  (:  He is such a good kid.  I am glad he is going to the singles ward - tell him to keep going!  And make Devin go with him.  It is good to be around so many return missionaries and future missionaries.  I think it will really get him excited to get to work!   I loved getting those graduation announcements from Curtis and Cortney.  They look awesome!  And thank you so much for the bike lock info, the cookbook (YUM), and the candy.  I am going to give the big turk to the Elders because Sister Duncan can't have chocolate, or sugar. :( They will love it though!  Also, just thanks for all that you do!! I don't thank you enough, and I never told you how much I love the journal that you made me.  I use it all the time!  It is my scripture journal. (:  The only problem is, it is more than half way full by now.. haha.  I really love it though.  I meant to tell you earlier, but I couldn't even read the first couple pages for the first couple days. 
I am going to write letters today for the first time since I got to Alabama!  I am so bad at writing letters...  I heard from Kade today.  He sounds like he is doing awesome!  And Alabama and Louisiana are a lot alike I think.  The weather is getting hot.  I don't know how I will make it through the summer, literally.  I might melt away.  It has been really humid the last couple days.  Humid and sweaty.  So tracting is interesting.. people think I am dying because I am sweating.  They are like "Baby, this ain't nothing yet.  It is fixin' to get a lot hotter.  This isn't even hot."   hmmmm... So I am praying to not sweat so much.  We will see. (:
This week we had a baptism.  It was really awesome!  She was so excited to be baptized and bore her testimony twice because she said she felt different after!  It was precious!  She doesn't have any dresses or skirts so the members have been so nice and got her a skirt ( I don't think she likes it to much though )  This week I have learned so much.  Missionary work is nothing like I ever expected.  It is better and so much harder!  I am wiped at like 8:30... I used to stay up so late!  I have learned how important it is to not be selfish.  As a missionary I accepted the calling.  I promised the Lord that I will serve Him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength and to do that I have to submit to His will.  This is NOT about me.  It isn't "What am I going to learn in Clanton? or Who am I going to meet?"  President Memory (well technically Brother Memory) said something I loved.  We need to be praying to know what commitments we made in pre-mortal life.  Who did I commit to help?  What did I commit to do in Clanton?  We all need to think of that.  What did we commit to do?  And I am certain that we made those commitments to our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ.  We committed to do something on this earth, lots of things, and we have to pray to find out what that is and DO IT!  Just do it!  Don't let fear stop you.  The Lord loves you and He is in charge.  He will not let you mess up.  This is His work. 
I also loved the three steps in praying:
1. Ask what to ask for
2. Get your answer
3. Do it!
Three is the most important part.  We have to act!  Faith is a principle of of action.  We have to work and try and act every single day. Work as hard as you can and when you fall, get back up.  It is like a father/mother watching their baby take their first steps.  When they fall they don't get mad.  They are excited and help them back up and encourage them to try again.  We are that baby.  Keep falling and keep getting up. 
I love you and appreciate you so much!  Keep doing good things.  I will write letters today! (:
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment