Sister Casperson sounds great, really getting into the swing of things! She sent pictures as well and we will post them a little bit later! Thank you for all your letters to her, she certainly appreciates them!
Happy Memorial Day!! (: I love getting your emails, and I love those letters! It looks like you are having fun. Keep it up!! I am so glad that you finished the Book of Mormon! That is awesome, and Preach my Gospel is great to start next, but here is something that my Branch President told me in the MTC. I had just finished the Book of Mormon that morning (it was the first day) and in my interview he asked if I had ever read it. I proudly said YES! I finished it for the second time, today! He congratulated me and then said matter of factly, "So you are in 1 Nephi now?" haha. So start over! (:
Thank you for all that you do! I appreciate it! Transfers are in two weeks, and I am nervous for the change. Haha, so well will see. (: If I am leaving Clanton, I will send home a package, but not until I leave Clanton and I don't know when that will be. (: I like it here though, so I don't want to leave. haha.
It was a wonderful week. I thought about you all on wednesday. SO weird that Curt is old enough to be done with High School. I will never get used to that. (: We found ourselves in a back back road this week. Like in the middle of a field. It was really funny! Sister Duncan is a city girl, so she had never driven in a field. It reminded me of the campground.haha (: This week we have been trying to find people. Well everyday we do that, but especially this week! We went to a nursing home with the elders one day and walked around singling. It was fun! Made me think of Grandma and Grandpa Casperson. Such a cool experience! And yesterday we met a lady that reminded me exactly of Grandma Beth. She was such a cute sweet old lady!
This week I have really noticed two things (well I learned a lot, but these are two of the main things)
1. The Bible is literally comparable to the Book of Mormon. It isn't one or the other. They go hand in hand, and I wish I would have read the Bible a long time ago! I am working on studying more diligently and effectively this week.
2. Missionary work is like babysitting. President Holzapfel made this analogy. The Missionaries are the babysitters and our Heavenly Father has called us to watch over and protect His children in Alabama. He isn't worried about me. He is worried about His precious children. If I grow and learn in the process (and I know I will) that is great, but that isn't His purpose. SO, I am working on being more selfless. I have noticed this theme a lot. To be an effective missionary you have to forget yourself and work. But that is true with all of us! We need to look outward like Christ did. He was the perfect example. Follow Him.
I love you all! Be member missionaries!
No comments:
Post a Comment