Friday, May 10, 2013

First Week in Alabama

**So sorry to everyone that this letter is so late...someone was taking finals and sick at the same time, so this unfortunately fell to the bottom of the list of important things.** 

Sister Casperson was able to chat with her mother, Angie for a little bit after she sent her letter, so enjoy those little tidbits also. 


Hello Everyone!
I am good!!   I am serving in Clanton, Alabama which is a super super
small town!  It is just a branch - the chapel is basically just a
relief society room.. haha

My companion, Sister Duncan, has been really sick these last few
months. She is from Ceder Hills, Utah and has been out for a year.
She turns 22 in June I think, so there is a little age gap, but she is
super nice! We are going to Montgomery today to the doctor.  Hopefully
they will figure out what is the matter and she will start feeling
better!  I have some pictures to send, but I don't think these
computers will let me..

From what I have been told, Clanton is like the heart of the south.
If you imagine the south, you are thinking about Clanton.  Majorrr
hickville town.  If is seriously so beautiful though!! Green like I
would never imagine! There are trees everywhere! And surprisingly it
has been pretty cold here these last few days.  Nothing like I
imagined.  Yes, I am at the Library, and nope I haven't used my bike
once since I got here!

Tuesday when we got here we went straight to the Mission Home and had
dinner.  It was hot that day!  We had delicious southern food and they
gave me a mission driver card.. I was surprised, and scared to drive..
Lots of unknown places! 

I won't be able to write as long as I want to, but it is good to talk
to you all!! There is a spot in my apartment for my bike, so I haven't
even had to lock it up.  Most of the work here is reactivating less
active members.  There are apr 35 boys of age to receive the
priesthood and only 1 that is semi active and will probably receive
it.  It is crazy!  So much to do!

They had sisters here two transfers ago and everyone loved them!!
 Then they had a companionship of elders that have an interesting
reputation around here... and this last transfer they just had elders.
Now there are elders and Sisters!  Yesterday at church everyone was so
excited to see us!! The poor elders probably felt unloved.. haha  We
are trying to find a place to skype next week, but we haven't found a
place yet.. not to many members to choose from! haha.  I have been
thinking a lot about Kade this week, I need to write him.  It was good
to hear from Devin! I love those two!  Give the boys a hug for me.  I
love them a lot.  I really don't need a lot of the stuff that I have, but
I love the skirt that you sent!!  I need to send some stuff back, but
I don't know when that will happen.

Sis. Casperson



A few additional tidbits...

I appreciate all that you do!!  Today I am going to buy a back pack (needs a backpack...I wonder who told her that before....) and headphones.  I need both, silly list said not to bring those
things... haha.  My companion said that this is the whitest area that
she has served in.. and i think there are a few racists here.. one of
the members has 3 nooses hanging from his front porch... :/  it was
very weird to see.

Last night for the CES devotional, my companion and I watched it in
the member cleaning closet in the church.  Not a lot of organization
around here.. haha It was an experience I will never forget!


Thank you to all who have written to Sister Casperson, she very much appreciates getting letters, even if she is not able to respond as much as she would like.  Please continue to write her! Her current address is even on this blog.
Also, if you know someone who would like to read this blog, please either message on Facebook with their email or leave a comment here or whatever you would like, we just need an email to add you to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment