Sister Casperson got to talk to Mom, Dad, Curtis and Jon as they drove back from seeing Cortney graduate. They stopped in Riggins, right on Main Street and took advantage of some free WiFi to talk. This letter came late because, as she said yesterday, P-Day's seem to be the busiest days of the whole week!
I am trying to think of a southern thing to say to open up the letter, but
I can't...
It was so awesome to see you the other day! I wish that I could of seen
Cortney too, but I loved that picture! You look awesome Cortney! So happy,
and graduated, and your hair is redder than when I left I think. It looks
awesome! (: Sorry that I couldn't email yesterday, things got crazy..
Every preparation day so far have been more busy than regular days. We
drove up to Birmingham yesterday to visit with President, and I got to see
the big city! (: so much bigger than Clanton, but really Clanton is not
that small. We passed a Piggly-Wiggly yesterday! I didn't get to go in,
but I will one day!
(: Since we just
talked a couple days ago there isn't to much to say, but I really do love
missionary work! It is so so hard, and nothing like I ever imagined it
would be like, but I love it! It is the most rewarding thing I could ever
do!
In Clanton, because there are not a lot of active members, the missionaries
get put to work a lot! Sunday morning we got a call and the Young Women
Teacher/Pianist was sick. So Sister Duncan and I taught young womens, I
played the piano in Sacrament meeting, and we both spoke. I'm sure that
the branch is sick of seeing our faces! haha. (: ( I would just say to
Curtis and Jon, practice the piano! Especially the Sacrament hymns. I had
never played one in my entire life, and it is really embarrassing to mess
up on the Sacrament hymn.) SO PRACTICE! I wish I would have more. For my
talk, I talked about the importance of having a 'firm foundation.' It was
really awesome to study. We truly have the fullness of the Gospel, which
is the *only *foundation that will support us in this mad world. Helaman
5:12 says that if we build our lives upon the rock, our Savior and
Redeemer, then n*othing *can tear us down. NOTHING. That is a promise
from the Lord, and He will not break His promises. So why in do we build
our lives upon anything else? I would say it has a lot to do with fear.
It is scary. It will always be scary, but we have to trust in the Lord.
Have faith and build upon the rock. Be willing to do something that scares
you. The Lord will never ask you to do something that you cannot handle.
He knows you better than you even know yourself, so trust Him. It is
simple. Trust in the Lord, excercise your faith in Jesus Christ and His
Atonement, keep the commantments and you will be blesssed. It is a promise
from the Lord! He is waiting to give you so many blessings and we just
have to come unto Him, excercise our faith, and ask.
Tonight a wonderful young girl is making a sacred promise to the Lord. She
has decided to be baptized, and I am so excited for her! As we have been
helping her prepare we focused a lot on the importance of baptism. It is a
huge, huge, huge deal! It is a promise with the Lord. Why would you break
a promise to the Lord? Partaking of the Sacrament is just as huge of a
deal. I have been able to study a lot this week, and I would
challenge everyone to take a look into their own lives. On the list of
priorities, where does worthily partaking of the Sacrament fall? And where
should it? It is vital. It is a promise!! Study, don't just read,
study. You will be blessed if you keep the commandments. Miracles happen
everyday - look for them!
I love you and thank you for everything that you do. Your support means a
lot to me! I wish I could write more letters, but I am really bad at it.
Keep up the good work.
Sister Casperson
Thank you to all of you who write to Sister Casperson! She always appreciates it!
No comments:
Post a Comment