Good morning family! Happy veterans day!! (: I am thinking about Grandpa Nate today. (:
I have a cool story: first, we went to the family history center to try and learn how to use it, so that we can help people with it at home, and I found Grandma and Grandpa's marriage license from the state of Alabama!! I tried to find the address of the church, but it wasn't on there...but it was still cool. I attached it in family tree. Go and look at it. (:
Second, there is this family here from Lehi, UT. They have relatives from Wellsville, UT. I recognized that name fast. So we started talking and they are related to the Glenns! They were talking about Jon Glenn! I don't know if it is the Jon Glenn that we are related to, but I bet it is! Also, they knew the Bankheads from Wellsville. Small world! I don't really know exactly HOW we are related, but I say that we are related. (: There names are the Jensens. I thought that was really cool!
Also, Jon Glenn, my baby brother, thank you for the sweet letter. I love you! (:
I am glad that ya'll had a good week! You are lucky to be able to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa. Love them a lot! I love the pictures. (: Remind me where Sister Miles is going? Canada isn't it? Will you please send me her address when you get it. I would love to write her a letter. (:
People had been talking about the phillipines. I am SO glad to know that Jared is alright. I have been thinking about the walkers.
Did you get the info about christmas packages? I guess that we are technically supposed to send all packages to the mission office and only letters are supposed to come to our apt address..I didn't know that...BUT starting now, you are not supposed to send packages or letters to the mission office because they do not have the capacity for all of the christmas mail... So, I guess, keep doing what you are doing. Be aware that
Nov 27 is transfers, so there is a chance that i will be moved. But I doubt it... Starting at the first of the year though, I guess send all packages to the mission office. (i think that is a bummer because then I won't get them for like a month..but I guess that is what we are supposed to do) Speaking of packages, i got one this week from Cortney/Mom/Grandpa. That was great!! I gave half of the chocolate away. I am trying to be good. (: The tights will really come in handy because biking in the wind gets cold, and my legs...brrrrr... (: haha. I really don't need anything. If you are planning to send stuff you can send practical things like hot cocoa, toothbrushes, toothepaste, floss, etc..The boring stuff. (:
The holidays are approaching VERY fast. This month is naturally a month of gratitude. One thing I am especially grateful for is the Book of Mormon. I am reading right now in 2 nephi, and the other day I realized that Nephi was keeping TWO records. He had one for spiritual matters and one for other stuff. It is a lot of work to keep one journal. I am grateful for Nephi's patience and dedication in writing in his journal.
I would invite you to commit to write in your journal, daily. Don't wait until new years to start. Do it now. I know that it is hard, but I know that it is worth it.
In one of our zone meetings this week we all stood in a circle. There were probably 40 missionaries there and we all thought about why we are here. Think about that. Why in the world are you in the place that you are now? I thought a lot about that all week. I know that Heaven Father has prepared me to face this day, and He has prepared you to face this day. This is the ONLY november 11, 2013 that you will EVER get. Why in the world are you in the place that you are right now? Do you remember why?
I know that I am in Alabama right now because I have been called by a prophet of God. I know that I am in Alabama right now because there are people here that I promised before this life that I would find. I know that I am in Alabama right now because there is no better work then sharing the gospel. I know that I am in Alabama right now because the south needs lots more happiness. I know that I am in Alabama right now because when we make and keep covenants with Heavenly Father we receive so many blessings that we won't even have enough room to receive them! I know that I am in Alabama right now because the Plan of Salvation is real. I know that I am in Alabama right now because families CAN be together forever. I know that I am in Alabama right now because I needed to learn to grow up. I know that I am in Alabama right now to learn the gospel as I teach others the basics. I know that I am in Alabama right now because the temple is the House of God. I know that I am in Alabama right now because it is the least I can do for all of the blessings that I have received.
I know that I am in Alabama right now because the church is true.
That is the bottom line. The church is true, and being a missionary is the best decision I have ever made. Even when it is hard, it is possible.
Remember what Nephi said when he was asked to do a hard thing,
"I will GO! I will DO!"
Heavenly Father will not ask you to do something that is impossible. You can do all things
through Christ. Remember that when the days get tough.
Go and do. God will help you.
(hey, that is a rhyme... haha (: )
I am so grateful for you! My family is the best! I love you big time. (:Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment