Good Afternoon!! It is a beautiful day!! (: How is the weather there? We are praying for snow here!! (well...only Sister Moyes and I...but...) haha.
Man! Do I ever love President and Sister Hanks!! They are the best! On wednesday we have zone Conference, and I so look forward to seeing them. (:
It sounds like things are going great in Idaho!
I know that i often tell you to go to the temple, but really.. Go to the temple!! I didn't know this until this week, but in areas where there isn't a super close temple people will go and do like 3-5 sessions in one day!!! That is commitment. (: When I get home I would like to do a temple marathon. (definition = 5 sessions in one day) Champion for the Lord. I invite ya'll to try it now! Go and spend hours in the temple. Imagine the spirit that you would feel.
This week miracles happened. Five of our investigators came to church yesterday!! The Lord recognizes the hard work done by His servants, and we have been working hard. We have been really trying to help our investigators to follow through with their commitments, but it is hard! I wonder if Heavenly Father ever feels that way? When we are baptized we covenant (or commit) to God that we will try our hardest every day to keep His commandments, and when we mess up we will repent. He commits to us to always forgive us and to let us have the Holy Ghost with us to make good choices. God always keeps His commitment to us, but are we holding up our end of the deal? He doesn't expect perfection. All He expects is for us to try our best every single day to do better than the day before. He expects us to humble ourselves before Him every night and to let Him know how we did that day, and to ask for help for the next day. I invite you all to think on that. How well are we keeping our commitment to God?
Then I invite you to write on a paper that you will see every day. Make two columns, and title one "The blessings we receive from the restored Gospel" and the other "The reasons why we don't share it"
Blessings:
Eternal families
Temple covenants
Priesthood
The scriptures!
A living prophet on the earth
Happiness eternally!!
Don't open your mouth because:
fear
rejection
tired
busy
Okay, now think about it. The blessing that we receive from the Gospel of Jesus Christ are so great! We can return to live with our Father in Heaven on day! We can be with our families forever! We have a prophet to guide us!! That is huge! (: Don't you want everyone to experience the blessings that you do? Now, cross out all of the doubts!! "Doubt your doubts!" Why would we let our own fear or fatigue stop us from sharing the blessings with all of our brother and sisters?
Share the Gospel. It is good! Do not hog all of the blessings! (:
The church is true.
It is the good news.
Share it!
I love you,
Sister Casperson
Sister Casperson
No comments:
Post a Comment