Sorry that this is so late. This is from October 28. Sorry about that.
Aloha Ya'll! President Hanks loves to say that from the stand in all of our meetings. Haha. Because in Hawaii they say Aloha, and he says this is the southern version. (: haha.
It has been a great week! We were able to get a lot of work done! This morning I was reading in 1 nephi 13 where Nephi's bow breaks. I am marking every Christlike attribute in a different color, and as I read over that story I realized that every line was either blue (obedience) or orange (diligence). Nephi was obedient in all things. That in itself is amazing and so so important. I think that obedience is so vital because if you are obedient than everything else just falls into place and you are happy, so so happy! But then I thought about diligence. In preach my gospel it says that diligence is continuing to work even when you are tired. Think of how tired nephi was!? First, they were traveling through the wilderness and he was the primary hunter. That would make me tired. Second, his bow broke so they had no food for a while. That would make me really weak. Third, he made his own bow AND arrow! Do you think that was easy in 600 BC with no tools? Fourth, he went hunting again. And last but not least, he CARRIED the beasts back to his family. I have never lifted one dead animal, not to mention multiple. Think about how tired and hungry he was, and imagine the stench of those dead beasts! I would probably REALLY want to give up and complain! That is what everyone else did, but Nephi was obedient and diligent! And he did everything that he did because he had charity. He loved God and he loved his fellow men.
No comments:
Post a Comment