Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's ALL true.

November 4, 2013 (sorry it was late folks...)

I had a great, HARD week. It is great when people make good choices! (: Obedience=Happiness.  I send you a birthday package today.  It isn't much, but I hope that you get it by the big day Mom!! (:

“I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all my heart and mind and strength, and loving them more, I find it easier to abide their counsel.” - President Spencer W. Kimball
Have you gotten casual with your relationship with God?
                     READ THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!!
That is the answer.  We need to watch tv less and read the scriptures more.  There isn't anything more important to put into our minds.  The scriptures are the resource that we have for happiness, for answers, for peace, for courage, for self-esteem, for forgiveness, for joy.  Why don't we spend more time reading them?  IS there anything else that is FULL of truth?  All of the truth is in the scriptures.  If we want to know the answers we have to search and ask the source of all truth.
This week one of our investigators who is struggling A LOT with a lot of personal things dropped us twice.  It has been really hard for me to watch someone who needs peace and happiness so much make wrong choices.  Sister Hanks said (jokingly) that she just wishes that God would take away some peoples agency sometimes so that we could make them do the one thing that would make them truly happy!! Man, do I ever wish that that could happen!  We need to truly think about this gospel.  IT IS TRUE.  Do you know that?  If you don't, I invite you to read the scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon), pray sincerely and with real intent, and attend church with that question in mind.  The Holy Ghost will let you know "the truth of ALL things."  When you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, than yeah life will still be hard.  Life is hard, that is the way that it is supposed to be.  Life was hard for Jesus Christ.  Life is going to be hard for us, but it is possible if we turn to the One who will give us strength to overcome anything, to fight any battle. 
It's ALL true. 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13
Life is hard.  You can do hard things.  God loves you.  The church is true.  Search the scriptures daily. 
Believe in yourself.  I believe in you.
Love,

Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment