Monday, May 19, 2014

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs

Hello!

It has been a great week here in Alabama!  We have had weather all weekend in the 60s and 70s - PERFECT!  We enjoyed it a lot while it lasted because this week we are going to be back to the 90s!  There is one good thing though about the heat - people are always outside on the really hot days! (:

This week I am trying something new.  Every night I am going to write one thing in my journal that I learned that day.  It is going well so far, and it is a good reminder that even on hard, unsuccessful days that things can be learned. Y'all should do it with me!

It sounds like y'all had a GREAT week this week!  Amazing things are happening!

Things are going great here!  This week we were working with Memorie to get started on her family history and I found some cool things:
   1. We are related to the family history worker in the Capshaw ward.  Her name is Sister Tillman            and we are related through Peter Maughan!
   2. So I was looking through some of the journal entries from that line and I stumbled across this:

"...Many of my nice dishes and china sets were broken and destroyed, but we were all well and could eat our mush with my silver spoons 'till they broke."  -Mary Ann Weston (4 times great grandma)

I think this is amazing!  She is talking about there trek across the plains, and it was so hard.  Many of her 'things' were broken and destroyed and they had to eat mush.  That sounds disgusting!  But she remained determined and steadfast.  She knew where she was going, who she was following, and why she was going there.

I think that can apply to all of us.  None of us will be required to go through the exact same thing that the pioneers went through, but we will all face our own adversity.  The question is how will we respond when that hits?  I am grateful for the faith challenge that mom sent me last week.  In just the 6 days I have been studying it I know that my faith has increased.  That is what life is about.  To increase our faith so that when the trials do hit we can can remain steadfast, constant, and unchanged.  I am grateful for the righteous example of those who have gone before.

Keep working hard this week.  Do it because you love it.

I love you BIG time,
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment