The last couple weeks have been crazy...and they have been amazing! There were a few bad storms on Monday - really bad. It was scary to see the damage that can be done in a matter of seconds. It was a VERY humbling experience.
I also realized this week the things that matter most. Have you ever thought about what you would grab if there was a possibility that ALL of your earthly belongings would be gone the next day? We are always told that we need to be prepared to get up and go in a moments notice, but are you really prepared? I was not as prepared as I should have been. Take some time this week and get prepared. My recommendations: scriptures, patriarchal blessing, journal, pictures of family, extra clothes (especially under clothes) and some good shoes. Just do it. I promise that it is important.
We had so much fun this week though! We were safe at a members house monday and tuesday and we had pizza, s'mores, and BBQ!! It was such a blessing that we were there because we were the ones giving all of the other missionaries updates on where the storm was at. Speaking of how fast things can change - we were looking at the sky monday evening, and it is weird, because it didn't even look really stormy. There were just a lot of clouds and some wind. We looked away for 15 seconds, and then Bro. Zitting said, "That's interesting." We looked back and saw a wall cloud form!! I had no idea what that was, but turns out that that is what tornadoes form from! So we quickly got to a safe spot, and literally 5 minutes later that tornado touched down about 7 miles north of us!! Scary! I know that it was by Divine protection that we were all safe that day! You will be happy to know that we now have a flawless emergency action plan! I am just so grateful for all of the protection that day. (:
You want to hear a cool thing? A year ago on Mothers Day it was my FIRST Sunday in Alabama and I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. Now, a year later I am giving a talk in Sacrament meeting! I think I might use the same talk. (:
I realized a lot this week the importance of just going out and getting to work! We don't need to wait to be told what to do, just do it! Work. Serve. Do good. Work.
Yesterday we met this amazing women! She was walking down the street when we stopped to talk to her. She had been having a horrible day. She told us that she had been praying for help, but she didn't think that God was listening to her. She started crying because she knew that we were sent by God as an answer to her prayers! So amazing!! I know that if we are working hard and being diligent and obedient that God will allow us to find the elect. I am so grateful for that, and to be and instrument in His hands.
I am a little bit scatter brained this morning. Amazing what two days stuck inside under tornado warning will do to you. (: All I know is that the church is true. It's all true! I know that without a doubt. I am grateful for that.
I love y'all big time!
Sister Casperson
ps. OH! Saturday our GOLDEN investigator is getting baptized! I love her! (: MIRACLES!
No comments:
Post a Comment