Monday, May 26, 2014

"The perfect use of the Lord's time"

Hello Family!!

Happy Memorial Day!  I never realized how good Memorial Day weekend smells until I biked around all weekend in Alabama!  I love the smell of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill!  It has been a fabulous week!
Friday was jam packed full of great things!  We had Zone Conference.  I love being able to hear President Hanks train.  He is powerful, real, and hilarious!  One thing that he talked about that I loved was the value of saying "I don't know."  A lot of times one of the greatest fears in missionary work is being asked a question that you don't know the answer to.  Don't get me wrong, that is really scary!  But for some reason we think that saying "I don't know" is a bad answer.  It isn't!  We are teaching this couple right now, and they have a lot of questions and want us to 'prove' to them that the Book of Mormon is true.  It is hard, because we don't know all of the answers.  But what it comes down to is faith.  That is what really matters.  Everyone has to have a little faith and exercise their faith.  Our job is not to prove, but to invite people to exercise their faith.  That is when the miracles happen.  Try this week to strengthen your faith.  Step into the dark and believe.  

"If you're on the right path, it will always be uphill."

Be believing.  Be obedient.  Continue forward.
So many miracles happen, when we just have faith!
Last night we were biking home, and we decided for some reason that we weren't going to have time to go and see the last person that we had planned. So we headed home. We pulled up to our apartment complex at 8:35 and decided that we would sit down outside and do numbers. Then out of no where James walks up to us. We met James about a month ago. He was sitting on the curb, and we both felt like we needed to talk to him. We found out that he was homeless and didn't believe in God. We had a great lesson with him there and testified to him that God is his Heavenly Father. We gave him a Book of Mormon and by the time we left he told us that he would pray from then on, and that he really looked forward to reading the Book of Mormon. We parted ways assuming that we would never see him again because he moves from place to place. So as you can imagine, when he walked up to us last night we were both beyond surprised! He has read the Book of Mormon two times since we first met him! He has gotten back on his feet and is moving into our apartment complex today! He has a lot of changes to make, but he really wants to be better, and he knows that coming to church will help. 
I know that we were supposed to come back to our apartment a little early so that we could see him. I know that wasn't a coincidence. That experience was amazing! An Emmaus Experience that I will look back on often. I am excited to see James change his life. I absolutely LOVE being a missionary!
Think this week about what it means to "stand as a witness of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places."  We covenant to give all of our time to the Lord.   I have been thinking a lot about that.  Use the Lord's time perfectly this week!

I love y'all BIG time!
Sister Casperson

No comments:

Post a Comment