Monday, June 9, 2014

D&C 84:88 and D&C 109:22

Hello Family!  It has been a great week!  So many miracles it is unreal.
There has been a LOT of storms in Alabama this last week, and they aren't going to be stopping any time soon.   I have come to realize much more what these two scriptures mean in the Doctrine and Covenants.  I know that angels are with us. 
Journal entry, 5 June 2014:
Wild storm today....  and we were outside!  It was so crazy!  We were tracting/contacting.  We knew that there was definitely a storm coming, but nothing major - just thunder and lightening.  We were mostly just scared of the lightening.  At 4:45 we got the text: Weather alert, Severe thunderstorm warning.  So we headed toward the members home that lived just up the street to take cover.  It was wild!  We saw the clouds in the west.  They were REALLY black, and looked a little scary.   So since we are super intelligent we stopped to take some pictures (sort of a bad idea). The sky looked crazy.  It was like shaded completely black on one side and clear where we were.  (We were actually looking forward to the rain, because we knew it would cool things off!)  As we kept walking - appr. 4:47 - we noticed the black clouds moving REALLY fast directly towards us.  it started raining, just a little, and we were happy!  But then I suddenly had this feeling, a feeling so strong I could not deny it.  I know now it was the Spirit guiding me.  I told Sister jackson we needed to move and we needed to move quickly now!  I started moving fast.  Sister jackson was still a ways behind me - I told her to hurry!  I started running. We really needed to get there!  Then, almost instantly, the rain cam much MUCH harder and the wind was blowing so fast!  The rain was pelting us so hard!  It just kept coming and then the wind started picking up.  It was a really strange thing, because I wasn't really thinking 'What should I do?'  I just knew what to do.  I turned towards the house across the street.  I knew that we needed to take cover, and take cover now.  I stopped to check for cars - there was one coming from each direction.  We sort of waiting, but I realized we didn't have time.  The wind was blowing so fast!  So I prayed really hard they wouldn't hit us, and we started walking across the road to go the the house (complete stranger...)  The wind was so strong!  We were both being blown around like rag dolls (and we aren't little girls!)  The wind pushed us to the left, farther away from the house I was headed to...  Then, about 15 feet in front of me I watched the shutters get ripped off of the house that we were headed to and start flying in the air!  Lots of stuff was flying!  It felt like a tornado, but I knew that it wasn't.  I remembered being told that most people get hurt from flying debri, and it was all around us.  The thought of laying on the ground came to mind, but the wind had blown us pretty close to the house next to the one I originally planned to go to.  Some how we made it to the door, and they let us right in!
I know that we were protected that day.  That night as I was praying I felt certain that Grandma and Grandpa Casperson were there protecting us.  I know that the promise in the scriptures is true.  The Lord sends angels to protect us, and I know that.  I am so grateful!  We were literally 'blown' to the elect.  The family that lives in that house is looking for a church!  MIRACLES!
We are protected and miracles happen daily.  Do you realize that?  Pray for safety.  God answers prayers.
I love you all so much BIG time!  There have been more bad storms, but we have been inside the other times.  We are safe!  I didn't tell you that experience to scare you.  I told y'all because I KNOW that we have angels all around us, and 'if we live up to our privileges, they cannot be restrained.' ( I think Joseph Smith said that)  So many blessings!  Be good.

I love y'all BIG time!!
Clouds of Storms


Fallen Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment