Monday, June 16, 2014

Tender Mercies



Hello!  I am glad to hear that things are going well in Idaho this week.  I love Idaho!  I also LOVE Alabama. (:  It has been such a great week here! 
It started off GREAT, with a trip to the temple on Tuesday.  I love going to the temple!  It was very apparent that day however that Satan did not want us there.  The traffic was horrible, and then we drove through a HUGE storm.  It was really scary!  It was amazing when we finally got to the temple.  There was thunder and lightening all around us, and we were literally running to get to the temple.  I know that the temple is the house of God.  The peace that was felt in the temple that day when the tempest were raging outside was amazing.  I know that the church is true, and I love being a missionary!

This week I have really learned to appreciate this scripture: 

"And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked upon the twelve whom he had chosen, and said unto them: Remember the words which I have spoken. For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" 3 Nephi13:25

We had no dinner appointments this week, which generally isn't that big of a deal. However, in an all biking area it is really a huge waste of time to bike all the way home to eat. So usually we will just grab something fast to eat at Taco Bell (or something like that). We are really trying to be exactly obedient though, and we were asked not to use our proselyting cards for fast food. So, one evening as we were planning we were trying to figure out how we were going to eat the next day. We discussed it for a while, but finally we remembered this scripture. So we just didn't plan on eating and trusted that we would be alright. So we went to work the next day! It was a great day. At some point in the day Sister Jackson jokingly mentioned that Subway sounded good, and literally 10 minutes later we met this sweet women, Sandra. The first thing that she asked us is if she could buy us dinner! She bought us subs. MIRACLE. I know that the Lord loves His missionaries. It is those tender mercies that get us through the hard days. I love being a missionary in Alabama!

I love y'all BIG time!!  Thank you so much for all that you do!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment