Monday, June 23, 2014

Learn to laugh everyday and work like you mean it!

Hello beautiful family! It has been a great busy week.  I cannot believe how fast June has flown by!  Wow!  I also think that I am getting used to boiling every day.  That is a blessing. (:  Do you remember last summer around this time, I sent home a scripture. I Nephi 21: 9-10  I still love love that scripture!

We were planning all week for a car wash.  One of the RM's in the ward had done a car wash in his mission as a finding activity.  He told us that while they were washing the cars, they would give tours of the church.  So about a month ago, Sister Jackson and I decided that it was a good idea to try and find new investigators.  So we went with it!  We made a couple changes to how he had done it in his mission.  We made it more of an open house and a free car wash.   So all week we were getting ready for the open house!  We made this awesome mormon.org board with FAQ's, local profiles, and basic doctrine.  There was also, lemonade and cookies!  So as the ward members were washing the peoples cars, they came inside and we were able to talk to them about the gospel IN THE CHURCH BUILDING!  The Spirit was there touching all the the individuals hearts that day.  We were a little nervous that no one would come, but they did!  One guy that came hadn't driven his car in 4 months.  He just woke up and decided to drive his car, and he said that the first car wash he saw he was going to.   He was able to not only get his car washed, but come into the church and feel the Spirit.  He wants missionaries to come to his house.  MIRACLE!  Also, all of the members LOVED the idea of the car wash because they were able to do service in the community, and they were able to do missionary work!  What could be better?  We are planning to continue doing the car wash about once a month through the summer, and the members really want to help more.  I love missionary work! 
 On Sunday, as we were biking to our dinner appointment, Sister Jackson's skirt came unclipped.  So we decided to knock on the trailer that we stopped in front of.  No answer.  So, we went to the next one.  Carole answered the door.  She let us right in, we taught her the Restoration, and she wants to be baptized!  I know that we were led by the Spirit that day to meet her.  MIRACLE!
Things are going so good here!  I am excited to see what this week brings. (: 
I love y'all BIG time!

Sister Casperson

Here's some laughs for you:

1.  Just as the car wash was beginning, and no one but members were there.  The elders were trying EVERYTHING to get people to come.  They saw a man jogging past the church, and literally started running after him to invite him.  (: haha
2.  Did you know that the tooth brush was invented in Alabama?

If not it would be a teeth brush.
3.  Who puts the leaves back on the trees in the spring?
The Re-leaf Society!

I love being a missionary!  Have fun everyday, and do good!

No comments:

Post a Comment