Monday, January 27, 2014

"He answers our prayers but that doesn't mean everything will be perfect."

Aloha all y'all!  <-----That is what President says at zone conferences and transfers.  Trying to adapt the Hawaiian greeting to the South. (: haha
The South is the best!
This week has been great!  I finally got a letter from Jon!! Well sort of,  I think that it was accidentally included in the package from Mom.  It was a birthday card to someone named Breann? haha.  That made my day Jon. (:  Also, good to hear that you are taking over my place as opening topper.  Best position ever!
Things have been going really well though.  There has been a lot of cold weather, but really it isn't that cold.  I am really hoping that today we get snow!  Twice I have seen snow flurries (we even biked in snow flurries on tuesday) but nothing is seeming to stick...  fingers crossed for today!
It is seriously crazy to me that Spencer is home!  I remember his farewell like it was yesterday.  It sounds like yesterday was a great day though!  I bet the Fireside with the Mckee's was great!  She had been really sick right?  Hopefully she is better.  They are completely right.  The south is seriously the best!  I don't even think there are words to describe the south.  It is just.....AWESOME!
So excited to hear that everyone is doing well!  No real news is good news. (:  Here is a quote to think about.
         "You will never be comfortable being uncomfortable until you
                          get uncomfortable." Elder Bearnson
That has to do with anything in life.  Often we are asked to do hard things that we really just don't want to do, even when we know we should.  It is work to read the scriptures, it is work to pray, it is work to magnify our callings, it is work to ALWAYS be an example of good.  It is work to keep the commandments.  And to add to that, it is hard work.  However it is hard work that will pay off eternally.  Hard work that really isn't that hard if we think of all of the harder work that Christ did for each and everyone of us so that our work load would be lighter. And He did it all willingly out of love.  So how about trying something?  Do the hard work.  
It will get easier as you start doing it.  Step outside of your comfort zone for a minute and before you know it you will be comfortable outside of it.  I promise.  Keep the commandments, all of them, and you will be blessed.
We taught this women this week.  We have been working with her for a long time and slowly progressing.  This week we taught her that Plan of Salvation and focused on her divine potential.  She struggles to see that she is loved because her life is and has been really hard.  She was telling us that because things are so hard there is no way that Heavenly Father could love her.  We testified of His love and she still wasn't getting it.. She felt that her prayers were never answered,and that if they were that her life should be perfect.  As we were teaching her I learned an important principle, and I learned it at the exact same time that it came out of my mouth to tell her. 
"He answers our prayers, but that doesn't mean that everything will be perfect."
I know that is true.
He loves all of us.  He wants us home.  We have to do hard things, and life is never going to be perfect.  But His love is perfect.  His plan is perfect.  The Atonement of His Beloved Son is perfect.  We are to strive to one day be perfect, but that is never going to happen on this earth! So right now, focus on progress not perfection.  
I am grateful for that simple principle.  Move forward everyday.  I know y'all can do it.
I love you BIG time!
Sister Casperson

ps.  biking in snow flurries at pebble creek - great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment