Hello Family!!
It has been a great week! I have spent to much time emailing today, so sorry.. that is not going to be super long!
I am glad that y'all are doing well! I am loving the BoM read. It is hard for me, but i love it! I really liked yesterdays where it asked about what it takes for a person to love the scriptures. That is really something to ponder on. I decided that to love them first you have to read the EVERYDAY, but that is not all. We have to really apply the scriptures to ourselves. I do that by trying to put myself in the shoes of that person. It is interesting to study that way, but I know that it has really helped me to learn to love the scriptures! Not to mention, through reading the scriptures we learn of Christ. We are commanded to be like Christ, and how are we supposed to be like Him if we don't know Him. That is why i love the scriptures, because they are the way to know Christ.
I look forward to getting emails/letters from y'all every week! Thank you so much! I love that analogy Mom! One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah
4:27 and it fits perfectly with that! I have recently become obsessed with hashtags and in my scriptures next to that scripture i put #wewintheprize
Man! The scriptures rock!
Did y'all get to watch the CES Devotional last night? THAT WAS SO GOOD! And I think that it is safe to say that that was for everyone, but also mostly for the people here in the South. Sort of a joke, but I think that it would be good if we just gave that talk to everyone we see! (: it is true though. The church is TRUE. It's all true. Period.
This week I have been studying commitment. One of President Hanks favorite poems goes like this:
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate
Can circumvent or hinder or control
The firm resolve of a determined soul
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Truth. If we are determined (or committed) we can do it with the help of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Remember that scripture, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." <---That is a fact.
So I was looking up more scriptures about commitment and I came across a scripture in proverbs (24:16 I think.. not sure!) It says something along the lines of: a just man (or committed man) will fall down and get right back up, but an uncommitted man won't. Guess what popped into my head when I read that? "I get knocked down, but i get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!" Yes, I know that that song is not missionary appropriate, but the message is great! So I have adopted it as part of my mission motto (along with hebrew
10:36 and Mosiah
4:27 and Mosiah
2:41). Yes, we will get knocked down. That is life, but through Christ we can keep getting up and #wintheprize. I love the scriptures. They are true, so true, and they are fun to read because you can find cool stuff like this!
How about trying something? Carry a Book of Mormon around with you. A blank one that you can give to someone. Pray to know of who to give it to, and set a goal date. The scriptures bless peoples lives, especially the Book of Mormon. Why not bless someones life today by sharing?
Y'all are the bomb. I love you big time! I am grateful for all that you do! Things are going great here!
Sister Casperson
ps. I ate frog legs! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment